•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Love Lakes to Murquab - Dubai - 09 Oct 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Good evening fellow adventurers,

I hope you are all ready for tomorrow's adventure in the sand. With the temperatures cooling it should make for a pleasant enough afternoon.  

My proposed convoy is below. We shall use channel 3 (three)

- -Meet at 1500hrs - - Radio Channel 3 (three) 446.056- -

Driver

Car

Rank

Position

Angela @Foxtrot Oscar

Black Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@Wade Pat2

Black LC

Fewbie

2nd

@Goh KP

Prado

3rd

@Gertjan

Prado

4th

@Brendan White

Xterra

Newbie 1st

5th

@Niki

FJ

Advisor

CF

@Mohammed Mansoor

Patrol

7th

@Alexanderrr

LWB Pajero

8th

@salah2u

Y62

9th

@AlexM

Rubicon

10th

@Daniel Rodas

Pajero

Fewbie

11th

@luis mantecon

Jeep

Fewbie

12th

@Zed

LC

Fewbie+

13th

@Pacific

Jeep

IM

Sweep

See you all tomorrow :) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

@Zedare you able to make it tomorrow as @Joseph Rajuhas had to withdraw

@Foxtrot Oscar yup I’ll be in Dubai from morning and will join your afternoon drive 👍🏻 Thank you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Foxtrot Oscar thanks for choosing such an adventurous route it was a good experience.....

And also big thanks to support team for their support when it was needed the most.... 

looking forward for next drive....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Foxtrot Oscar it was a great drive. I learned alot as 2nd lead. I was impressed with everyone's driving on the night technical. Thanks for the nose dive lesson!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Wade Pat2 said:

@Foxtrot Oscar it was a great drive. I learned alot as 2nd lead. I was impressed with everyone's driving on the night technical. Thanks for the nose dive lesson!

And what a nose dive it was!! The sand was like a brick wall! 😳

That’s the first time it has ever happened to me. But I’ve dug plenty out of similar situations and knew I could get out , just didn’t know how long it would take 🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2

Well I was expecting a walk-in-the-park easy newbie drive, hence brought the Y62 with its owner (a.k.a.  wife), but got a bonus of 3-in-1 drives:  newbie afternoon, upgraded fewbie criss-cross, then fewbie night drive 😁  We arrived back in Abu Dhabi at 1am safe & sound, but that was quite a good weekend adventure...

Thank you to Marshal @Foxtrot Oscar , I like learning from different marshals and the way you visited _each_ car to check on us was quiet comforting... though you probably didn't have to go all the way to the back, we Fewbies in the back were enjoying the view, having nice coffee, and got your back 👍   I may have jinxed your drive by commenting, "Next upgrade is gonna be a Night Drive" , so I'll stay quiet next time 😂

Thank you Center Support @Niki , just like in a football game, the Center Forward is key 😃 We listened to the radio while you guided those who got refusals, and these folks self-recovered nicely thanks to the clear advice. I need to learn to get this "Radio Voice", I think when I was guiding people it might come as shouting to those who never met me, but actually that's just my normal voice tone 😂  We didn't get to chat much as it was hot at 3pm and it was late & sweaty at 9pm, but let's chat before the drive next time...

Thank you Sweeper Prasanth @Pacific , I think we made a good team. @luis mantecon and I had a different view of pulling the flying-wheel Pajero, but your way was proven correct 👍 That comes with experience, *respect 👮‍♂️  Also I'm so used with the Amber Lights in my LC100 when night-driving, but struggled a bit with the Y62 stock lighting, very happy to have Light Support from the back with your array of lights that can fill-up a toy store 😁  It sure helped when I got that mini-refusal when picking the wrong terrain to climb.

@Mohammed Mansoor & @salah2u : great Y62 driving, you did not disappoint the brand 😁  @salah2u you need to get that Diff Lock fixed my brother, the importance of the Diff Lock is explained in my post here >> 

@Goh KP : I think you had a few refusals, but don't immediately believe if someone says it's because of your 2.7L engine. I have driven (actually borrowed) a Prado 2.7L engine and drove it up in Sweihan. The key is to drive it manual which I'm sure you'll learn as you progress through... or I could show you if we meet again in another drive 👌

To the rest, it was a very good crowd, nice driving with the tribe 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use