•  

Morning Fewbie - Skill Development - Long Hill Climb - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 08 Oct 2021

Mehmet Volga

@Josh T. @ShereenMK @Warren Flay @Miguel Codes @Shaaz Sha @Brette

Check out that convoy! Not any car is same with another. We have LC, GC, GMC, XT, Wrangler, Pajero... SWB, LWB and a truck in a single line!

Also Marshal @Brette and @Shaaz Sha from advisor team as well as experienced fewbies are here! A unique opportunity to exchange experiences, tricks, hints and methods for long hill climbing in different type of vehicles. Let's use it!

Here is the convoy order;

convoy.PNG.25f52d8b88093b80abc780fbf1897ec8.PNG

We will use channel#2 on the radio.

See you all in the morning!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Miguel Codes said:

Hey people. Made a mistake with my alarm click. I won't make it on time now. Sorry. Please take me out of the drive. I can not believe it...

it is ok @Miguel Codes. these things happen. we'll do it next time 👍

Another great day in Abu Dhabi! Thanks to @ShereenMK @Josh T. @Warren Flay for their excellent performance and @Brette @Shaaz Sha for their winged support!

We found tall dunes to practice hill climbing skills, had chat about tricks to keep optimum pace, to find right track to attack and to make safe turns from the top as well as the nature of forces impacting all such movements. Other than these, we made our regular fewbie class surfing, ridge riding, criss-crossing and numerous side sloping on the long dunes of Nahel. 

Last part was a bit tricky, as we found a long fence right on our route which is not shown on the maps. We turned around it but this made us a bit delayed. Due to overtime, we had to skip the last cluster of tall dunes just before the exit, hankered after though. But sure we will mess with those for the next time anyway! 💪

Our AD brothers, @Josh T. and @ShereenMK were very calm with their heavy dudes underneath, they found it a piece of cake to pass through the sand waves while @Warren Flay was flying with his super ant just behind them.

@Shaaz Sha , the man of the high dunes, shared us his hill climb shows by keeping his wheels right at the top. Appreciated for your contribution buddy!

Special thanks to marshall @Brette for joining us today; he monitored the convoy from the back and kept us safe. In the meantime, your GC is still in shape 😎

See you next time friends! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Hello guys, thank you all for a wonderful day. we were all set by 6  to start and thanks @Mehmet Volga for the selection of area and superb lead. we had many virgin dunes to play and enjoyed it to the max..Thanks to @Brettefor the marshal support and for all the tips and tricks and for sweeping us all safely out. @ShereenMK, @Josh T.and @Warren Flay. you guys were all amazing today and it was fun being with you guys. Thank you everyone and hope to join you guys soon . 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was another marvelous day. Thank you @Mehmet Volga for your valuable lessons on various approach on dunes, @Shaaz Sha than you for your help in recovery, and a wonderful show on climbing those big dunes with out any hassle. Hopefully u made it in today's leaders lead. @Josh T. as usual it was fun seeing u on my rear view mirror. @Warren Flay and @Brette it was nice to drive with u all, hope to see u next weekend too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you yet again @Mehmet Volga, you run great drives and I always enjoy knowing that your Pajero is demonstrating to my Pajero that with less power and more weight it can do anything! We always learn something on your drives.

Great teamwork again from a great bunch of guys, all of a high level of comptency. A couple of refusals and a couple of tug jobs but nothing that came of silliness or lack of talent for sure! Well done @Josh T., @ShereenMK, @Bretteand @Shaaz Sha, I look forward to our next drive where Mehmet will attempt to guide us through the fence of doom and onward to the dune of joy...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Warren Flay said:

Thank you yet again @Mehmet Volga, you run great drives and I always enjoy knowing that your Pajero is demonstrating to my Pajero that with less power and more weight it can do anything! We always learn something on your drives.

Great teamwork again from a great bunch of guys, all of a high level of comptency. A couple of refusals and a couple of tug jobs but nothing that came of silliness or lack of talent for sure! Well done @Josh T., @ShereenMK, @Bretteand @Shaaz Sha, I look forward to our next drive where Mehmet will attempt to guide us through the fence of doom and onward to the dune of joy...

Well I badly need to join such drive to challenge my LWB PAJERO and learn how to make use of its power to club long hills which I usually struggle …hope to join these type of drives 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Warren Flay said:

@Warren Flayit's my pleasure driving with such very sound drivers like you... and it was your Pajero showing up on the ridges of high dunes we circled 💪. My fat boy is too restrained to show off but I still love my comrade! He takes me anywhere in the desert and my sons to the school without grumbling  :) 

3 hours ago, Mus_hus78 said:

Well I badly need to join such drive to challenge my LWB PAJERO and learn how to make use of its power to club long hills which I usually struggle …hope to join these type of drives 

@Mus_hus78 this feeling you have is a good resource whipping up your enthusiasm, so it will improve your driving skills. Keep it up and don't worry, we'll back soon with something similar 👍

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use