•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - The magic of Fossil Rock and Faya - Sharjah - 08 Oct 2021

Brilliant drive! @Lorenzo Candelpergher. amazing planning by you and perfect execution by the entire convoy. 

As far as i remember, as a newbie i never venturing into the winding bowls of Faya or the long range sidey play areas in Mahafiz. 

It was a beautiful track with ample of opportunity to learn basics of dune surfing! Thankyou for the planning this drive!

As for the convoy, it was very nice to meet the new breed of so called "Newbies". This group amazed me with their driving skills and quick learning! kudos @Manish Kashyap for your Newbie "baptism". you drove well handling the blue beast!. 

its was a pleasure to meet the trio of @Joji varghese @eldose baby @Rsjiv Samuel  well done boys ! i am sure you enjoyed

With a small hiccup with your X, @Ferl Brownyou managed very to navigate well! as to your question, Xterra inherently has higher Power to weight ratio than a 3.8 LWB Pajero. You will slowly realize the potential of your car. 

@Waqar Sarwar  it was charm to see you driving effortlessly ahead on me on the convoy following the line to the dot!.

@Prakash Anoop we all have that royal stuck moment!. with clear instructions from Lorenzo, you managed to get out if the nasty bowl! well done.

the Y62 boys! @Mohammed Mansoor @kiranshinde handled their ride beautifully, As Lornezo mentioned, it will be essential to come at terms with the dynamics of your car and he is one of the best person to advice you ( having driven Y62 for majority of his drives)

@Raman_Dbx i am sure you had quite fun at the back and kudos to you and @Rsjiv Samuel for managing through the churned up tracks. Thanks @Rsjiv Samuel for sweeping the convoy with good radio communication.

in the end i would like to just point out following three things from my vantage point

1. Have clear radio communication

2. Never overtake a stuck / refusal vehicle

3. maintain sufficient distance to maintain momentum

well done boys!

I have uploaded some pics of the beautiful Sideys for all! ( ps: i am not a good photographer so pics may not reflect the true nature of the driving skill . I am still learning on each drive!):)

until next time!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use