•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa-Ganthoot: Border Patrol - Dubai - 09 Oct 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Hello @Ale Vallecchi

I am out. Had to plan something else for my Saturday since no one withdrew from this drive till now. Have tons of fun guys and see you all soon 👍👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rawad said:

Hello @Ale Vallecchi

I am out. Had to plan something else for my Saturday since no one withdrew from this drive till now. Have tons of fun guys and see you all soon 👍👍

Thanks @Rawad. Sorry to miss you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

as you may have seen, the meeting and deflation point has been added to the drive's post. It's 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/uL39XkdFUb2rGHMX6

which is in Faqa town, next to one of the mosques, just past Faqa's Police Station.

From here we'll move into Dubai's side of Faqa, with the following convoy order:

@Thomas Varghese in Second Lead

@Sunil Mathew in position #3

@Ashok chaturvedi at #4

@JeromeFJ will be #5

@Looper #6

@GauravSoni will be Center Forward

@Matt.T will drive as #8

@Arman at #9

@Lawrence_Chehimi in place #10

@Ranjan Das as #11

@Russ in place #12, and finally

@marks will Sweep the convoy.

Our communication will be tuned into Carnity Channel #1 (446.006).

The meeting time will be 6:00AM, with the plan to leave ASAP, considering that first light will break at 5:43, and the sun will rise, behind us, at 6:04.

See you all tomorrow. Enjoy your Friday evening.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Dear @Ale Vallecchi, thank you for the drive this morning ! This was really a full length border patrol, through areas I had never been before, except for the Little Sweihan, where we had already the opportunity to experience the tight dune cordons, the sharp crossings, and the nasty sand pockets. The drive was very fluid and in a beautiful environment including some wildlife, perfect mix for this Saturday morning !

Thank you @Gaurav Soni and @marks for the support, and all the convoy for the friendly team spirit !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Done and dusted… my IM debut and the longest drive i ever had!!

Came out unscathed, all credit going to the track chosen by @Ale Vallecchi and my #3 position  in the convoy.. i can remember at least 3 or 4 spots/crossings  where i barely scrapped through at awkward angles and one or two wheels spinning and splashing sand .. had i been at the tail end, i would have surely ended up stuck 😬

Twas a great drive as we kept moving except for couple of planned breaks and a minor stuck.. finding enough time to just munch at my breakfast sandwich was proving to be a challenge in itself 😀😀

thanks to @Thomas Varghese at 2L , @GauravSoni as CF and @marks at sweep.

looking forward to the next opportunity to drive with all fellow drivers… see you soon!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

12 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Done and dusted… my IM debut and the longest drive i ever had!!

Came out unscathed, all credit going to the track chosen by @Ale Vallecchi and my #3 position  in the convoy.. i can remember at least 3 or 4 spots/crossings  where i barely scrapped through at awkward angles and one or two wheels spinning and splashing sand .. had i been at the tail end, i would have surely ended up stuck 😬

Twas a great drive as we kept moving except for couple of planned breaks and a minor stuck.. finding enough time to just munch at my breakfast sandwich was proving to be a challenge in itself 😀😀

thanks to @Thomas Varghese at 2L , @GauravSoni as CF and @marks at sweep.

looking forward to the next opportunity to drive with all fellow drivers… see you soon!!

@Sunil Mathew it was a fantastic drive as all drives of @Ale Vallecchi are. I love the way he chooses his tracks so that everybody reaches the exit safely. As you said it was quite tiresome as most of the time we were driving. Sorry for deviating from the track sometimes as whenever I see Ale's car jump I try to find an alternate track with less jumps. As he didn't comment on them so far I suppose he approves it as you all have exited safely without any damage to your precious cars. 

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks @Ale Vallecchifor the drive, it is definitely the longest drive I've ever had, I was literally exhausted by the end, yet myself and my passenger had lots of fun. It had a combination of tight dunes, ridge riding, criss crossing. we also experienced some damp patches at the beginning and dry and soft ones as we progressed. It just had a mix of everything.

Thanks  @Thomas Varghese , @GauravSoni and @marks for the support.

I only wish I had noticed or remembered that there is no speed limit buffer in Abu Dhabi, as soon as we exited I got flashed by the first speed cam😢

• Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use