•  
Advertise here

2006 Nissan Patrol Y61 Cut Off at 5500 rpm

Joseph Raju

Hi Guys,

I brought a 2006 Nissan Patrol Y61 recently. During my visit to a workshop to install pintle hook and recovery points the workshop person said that my vehicle has a cut off at 5500 rpm. As per him my Vehicle ECU is tuned and because of that some engine vibration is coming inside the vehicle at idle condition (when AC is working). 

I checked with another workshop person regarding this issue and what he is saying from 2005 production Y61 has rpm cut off at 5500 rpm in stock condition.

So now I am confused which one is correct. Could anyone please help regarding this issue.

• Like (+1) 2

I had a 2006 Patrol, but SWB that comes with 4.5 litre engine than 4.8. Best I recall there was no cut off at 5500 or else i would be more furious to drive, as I had that car for 2 years as a desert toy.

Better to check this with Nissan if it's TRUE than trusting odd garages.

Also most cars have rev limiter at 6500 or 7000 rpm just before the redline in tachometer starts, that's normal to protect the engine.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Mine is 2006 Patrol LWB and 4.8 VTC. The redline in tachometer starts at 5000 rpm and cut off is at 5500rpm.

I heard that new vehicles (not Patrol) will not go above 2000 or 3000 rpm when it is in Parked Gear Condition.

I will try to find out with Nissan.

• Like (+1) 1

What you and I are talking slightly different meaning of redline here.

I meant for rev limiter while driving especially in offroad while pushing car in first gear to climb.

I have no clue in parking gear.

Secondly if tachometer is having redline starts at 5, than 5500 rpm is ideally acceptable.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I checked with a technician who works in Nissan Service Center. According to him for 2006 vehicle the Engine rpm will cut at 5500.

New Patrol vehicles only need to tune for rpm cut off.

So I think mine is in stock condition

Important Information

Terms of use