•  
Advertise here

kinetic rope

Peter Hager

Have a look at below article:

For off-road recovery, look for a kinetic recovery rope, made from nylon. The AOR ones are quite popular and available in ACE and Speedex for around 400dhs.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Anoop Nair said:

AOR ropes are available in adventure HQ also around 420/- Aed , but the AOR soft shackles are quite pricy around 185/- a piece 

Check Amazon for the “Artan” brand Shackles. Lot cheaper than the AOR ones.

2 hours ago, Peter Hager said:

thx

what about an equilizer? 

A snatch block you mean ? That’s only being used in winch recovery in very rare cases. I have one and never used it.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

19 hours ago, Peter Hager said:

Hi!

I would need some advice on which type of rope to buy. Length, strength, type and more. Thanks in advance. 

Peter

Hi @Peter Hager the kinetic rope that I have, I sourced from @Rahimdad last year. Not sure if this is still an option though.  It comes with two soft shackles in it's own convenient bag. If I recall correctly, it was under AED400, and pulling strength/potential is around 8 tonnes. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, Gregory said:

Hi @Peter Hager the kinetic rope that I have, I sourced from @Rahimdad last year. Not sure if this is still an option though.  It comes with two soft shackles in it's own convenient bag. If I recall correctly, it was under AED400, and pulling strength/potential is around 8 tonnes. Hope this helps.