•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 15 Oct 2021

Brette

Hi,

Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero LWB, 2013 model 

Do you have any prior off-road experience? None 

Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets. 
Yes. 

Please let me know if i need to bring anything else. I have a Compressor and going to get a deflator now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Drive RSVP is now closed:

Hello ladies and gents,

Here is the convoy numbering and order for tomorrows drive. We would be using Carnity radio channel 1, 446 006.25

If you do need to reach me in case of an emergency, my number is 052 6771O76.

Please make sure to go through the Absolute Newbie Video briefing as it is very important, failing to do so could lead to you being sent back.

Please be on time (a little earlier to give yourself time to deflate your tires) and make sure you have a full tank of fuel.

See you'll in the sand.

1 Brette Black JGC Marshal
2 @Yasin Grey Pajero  
3 @Omar ElGamal White Pajero SWB  
4 @qaiser ijaz Black Pajero  
5 @Harkaran Birdi Black LC  
6 @Sandra Mrad Green Wrangler  
7 @Umar Yaqoob Wrangler  
8 @nr51mes Grey RAM  
9 @Mark Shepherd Wrangler  
10 @JAISROCK Green Wrangler  
11 @Jeepie ( Marjan ) Green Wrangler Sweep / Expert

• Like (+1) 1

@qaiser ijazyou can upload all the pics in the drive gallery at the link below.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1012-absolute-newbie-al-qudra-dubai-15-oct-2021

@Yasin @Omar ElGamal @qaiser ijaz @Harkaran Birdi @Sandra Mrad @Umar Yaqoob @nr51mes @Mark Shepherd @JAISROCK 

Thank you for joining Friday Absolute Newbie drive, it was a absolute pleasure to drive with you all. Being absolute newbie's you all did great and learned really well.

@Yasin I am sorry you had to be exited early due to the overheating issues right as we started and once you have that sorted out, please join an Absolute newbie drive again. 

For the rest of you, some had a few stuck's and refusals but don't let it get to you. It is all part of the game and you learn from it. A special shout out to Marjan @Jeepie for the amazing support and making sure everyone made it through.

Hope to see you all on the sand again soon. 

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys and gals soon on the sand again. Take care. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use