•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 15 Oct 2021

Chaitanya D

I’m sorry guys for taking much of your time during the drive because of a reckless mistake. 🥺

I’d like to thank each and every one of you for being very helpful and supportive. 

I hope you got to enjoy the remainder of the drive (whatever was left of it). 

Took my car to the tire shop and had them pop out all the tires and all’s good. There was no puncture. Probably sand got between the wheels and the tire. 

Hope to see you all again soon on the sand.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Aisha S said:

I’m sorry guys for taking much of your time during the drive because of a reckless mistake. 🥺

I’d like to thank each and every one of you for being very helpful and supportive. 

Took my car to the tire shop and had them pop out all the tires and all’s good. There was no puncture. Probably sand got between the wheels and the tire. 

Good that you had managed to fix it quickly.. see you next time

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Aisha S said:

@Aisha SGlad everything worked out well on the tire repair.

I have the whole incident on video….including the fewbie pit crew repair team working on your jeep. Start to finish 48 minutes.

See you next time!

Edited by Josh T.
  • Like (+1) 3

@Aisha Sglad u made it back safe and fast.. The way i see it we all had a short master class on dealing with pop outs… part n parcel of taming the dunes...

@Chaitanya Dthanks for leading and  coaching as through some of the essentials: safety, pop out fix process and most importantly dealing with ambiguity… also we had the best drive of the terrain and conditions had to offer.. 

@Josh T. U r simply amazing mate…. The support and energy u bring in to the drive… 

highly appreciate and enjoyed the team work and synergy with everyone…

See u all in the next drive…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, S Jacob said:

@Aisha Sglad u made it back safe and fast.. The way i see it we all had a short master class on dealing with pop outs… part n parcel of taming the dunes...

@Chaitanya Dthanks for leading and  coaching as through some of the essentials: safety, pop out fix process and most importantly dealing with ambiguity… also we had the best drive of the terrain and conditions had to offer.. 

@Josh T. U r simply amazing mate…. The support and energy u bring in to the drive… 

highly appreciate and enjoyed the team work and synergy with everyone…

See u all in the next drive…

You were excellent as second lead, especially maneuvering wonderfully on top a big dune in a soft pocket. Well done buddy 

• Like (+1) 4

so happy to have met this beautiful group of carnity drivers. and big thanks to @Chaitanya Dand his brave and smart son for leading this super exciting sweihan drive.

glad to know @Aisha Smade it safely !

see you on the sands again and have a wonderful week ahead 🤘

20211015_101647.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Charbel said:

so happy to have met this beautiful group of carnity drivers. and big thanks to @Chaitanya Dand his brave and smart son for leading this super exciting sweihan drive.

glad to know @Aisha Smade it safely !

see you on the sands again and have a wonderful week ahead 🤘

20211015_101647.jpg

Always happy driving in Sweihan and you all did well in the circumstances. Great camaraderie among the members in testing situations. Thanks @Charbel

Oh yes @Karthikeyan Govindarajan, sweihan is second home to many. Great to see your enthusiasm.  Dunes here are in a league of their own 😍

Drive Report:

Coming back to driving in Sweihan is always a pleasure. Was great to see some good old friends and some new faces , ready and prepped on time to go. We started slightly deeper from the regular starting point , in an area behind/south of ADNOC sweihan.

Early into the drive we had @Pierre de Maigrets car- FJ whose tire was deflating - and the valve was leaking. On trying to replace the valve stem, it broke  and the whole valve needed to be replaced. We quickly changed the tire with some good team work and off we go. 

Dunes in Sweihan are in a league of their own, fun and ready for us to push as much as we want. As we drove - albeit at a good pace, I started to engage you all into some ridge rides and criss crosses in a graded manner.

That's when we had @Aisha Ss  car-Wrangler - having a pop out - fixed in quick time, but the other rear tire kept deflating. We almost did a iatrogenic pop out to see if the leak would be fixed and it did for a while. and we drove closer to the bigger dunes waiting for us to play. But on checking the tire was deflating again , when we had a quick chat and decided to exit around 9.30 am as the spare tire was of a different smaller size.

I would request both @John Vanderbleek and @Aisha S to practice more ridge rides and criss crosses to improve on this maneuvers. We all have done some mistakes , and we all have learned it with time, I still don't have the count how many times i was center crested doing a ridge ride asking others to pull me out😜.

@S Jacob was flawless and excellent second lead. Fantastic presence of mind to get out from a soft bowl and improvisation.

@John Vanderbleek drove well with no issues other than on the ridge rides, drove well even in the area behind Nahel where the sand was getting very soft.

@Pierre de Maigret I hope your tire issue is sorted, and for the time we drove you were wonderful throughout. Great to see how you have progressed from your masterclass to start the journey with Carnity.

@Charbel did well as the center forward, though there werent many issues other than the pop outs. Great to see your enthusiasm and I wonder you fell in love with Sweihan as I believe it was your first time there.

@Aisha S drove well before exiting 30 min before the scheduled end time. Except the one incident, you drove well for the remaining time we drove. I believe you enjoyed the time in Sweihan and hope to see you back here soon.

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan good to see you after a long time, great driving at the back on churned sand tracks. Goes well to show how you have improvised. Thank you for all the help with advises at the back and in fixing pop outs.

@Josh T. swept us all, to keep us in a bunch. Driving a monster truck at the back is not easy but you were wonderful. Appreciate your help and advises and very glad to have you on this drive - always ready to jump in to help. Amazing progress in a short time. Please do share the videos you have for all of us to learn and improvise.

For the time we drove, we did closed to 60 km from Sweihan ending in Nahel. I must say the area behind Nahel is all messed up with hardly any clean dune left for play. But that did not really deter out intention , we did have some good learning, experiences and a drive as planned from Sweihan to Nahel.

See you all soon, have a good week at work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use