•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Exploration: Biyatah to Al Ghail - RAK - 12 Oct 2021

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie plus and above 

Meeting time: 2:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/zxDkhhQHo2jtrgNx5

Action Plan: In preparation for a future drive, I am planning to look at the area East of E55, and south of the Ritz-Carlton RAK Desert Resort. The track should eventually run into an older route, already driven at all levels under the "Sand to Mountain" title. The drive's challenge will be mainly searching for the right path through an area rich with vegetation (trees and shrubs), animals (wild and raised), and with extended longitudinal dunes, with their very powdery, humpy and broken crests. We may often use driven sand tracks taken by locals moving in between farms. The style of driving will be mostly technical, with the overall goal of the drive being that of putting together a potential new route, while enjoying a relaxing afternoon in an unusually (and atypical) Emirati environment.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Monday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

I have experimented this route from Ritz Carlton to Wadi Shawka for some distance and had to go back abandoning the exploration after getting a call from office to come back for a meeting. Fantastic place. Has lots of camels and donkeys when we exit from Ritz Carlton entrance to the desert route. Its a really scenic place and I doubt we will exit at 6.30 if everybody gets carried away by the beautiful landscape. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 3

I didn't understand why @Shaaz Sha being an advisor and an extreme driver is in the going list whereas he should be in the manage list.

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

A quick rundown of tomorrow exploration. 

We'll meet and deflate on the side of E55, in the village of Biyatah, in the direction going from Al Dhaid to the small towns Al Lebsa and Kabir. From there we'll look for an appropriate entry point into the long range longitudinal dunes. We'll choose the radio channel on the spot.

The convoy order will be the following:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie in Second Lead

@Sunil Mathew in position #3

@Charbel at #4

@Thomas Varghese will be #5

@Anoop Nair #6

@Humayun Ghias is going to be #7, and 

@Shaaz Sha will Sweep.

Meeting time will be 2:30PM; please consider the longer distance of the meeting area from Dubai, to reach as much on time as possible.

Have a great night, in preparation for a relaxing (Inshallah) afternoon immersed in a typical, yet unusual, Emirati nature.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks everyone for the help and support, I have reached the destination safely, and will sort out the issue.

Take care and enjoy.

*Update:

Changed the battery and the car is back to normal. Will not miss this weekend✌️

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for the wonderful terrain. I always wondered when driving though Emirates road about what is beyond those alluring dunes, now we know 😀, Such fresh breath to the usual drive routines. Especially the initial technical section was really gripping. Really loving the exploratory drives (this is my second), hopefully we will have more soon. To all the fellow wanderers, it was a pleasure driving with you.. See you soon on sand..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use