•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Nature Lover: Sand to Mountain - RAK - 16 Oct 2021

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above 

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/46fWhG5bFY9VCQdz6

Off Al Shohadaa Road, past Sheik Khalifa Specialty Hospital.

Action Plan:  The drive's challenge will be mainly searching for the right path through an area rich with vegetation (trees, shrubs and grasses), animals (wild and raised), and with extended longitudinal dunes, with their very powdery, humpy and broken crests, and a few, spectacular, sabkhas. We may often use driven sand tracks taken by locals moving in between farms. The style of driving will be mostly technical (requiring finesse and control), with some safe ridge riding, testing a more complete set of off-roading skills, and providing a good opportunity to make you a more complete desert driver. 

We will make stops at specific locations to explain a little about the different flora we'll encounter, and learn a little more about a unique Emirati desert environment.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Monday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Nature Lover: Sand to Mountain - RAK - 16 Oct 2021
16 minutes ago, Chris Wing said:

@Ale VallecchiWL me 2nd drive please. I can do sweep if you want as well. 

Hi @Chris Wing. Considering the number of open spots, I can add you to the drive as of now, if you wish to confirm. Thanks

Hi. 

Do we have any old pics/vidoes for the last drive to this route. Wanted to check the scenery and then decide on ride. 

Thanks. 

Ijaz. 

13 minutes ago, qaiser ijaz said:

Hi. 

Do we have any old pics/vidoes for the last drive to this route. Wanted to check the scenery and then decide on ride. 

Thanks. 

Ijaz. 

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/758-fewbie-sand-to-mountain-rak-21-may-2021

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/468-newbie-boxing-day-sand-rak-26-dec-2020

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@qaiser ijaz if you are looking for beautiful desert scenery, you can join with no hesitation. I've done this drive before, and will sign up for a second time this Saturday !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi happy to support you on this drive - if so feel free to move me to the manage tab. 

Thanks @Niki, it will be my pleasure to have you (it's starting to look like an FJ drive 😅).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Niki said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi happy to support you on this drive - if so feel free to move me to the manage tab. 

Hi @Niki. Thanks a lot. I added as Support. See you on Saturday

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use