•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Skill Development - Technical - Dubai - 16 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

1 minute ago, Felix Obst said:

Hi @Alex Raptor,

took me my entire morning to make an Alex Raptor out of an obviously boring Lego Standard SUV...you have at least two new supporters since Saturday!

Have a good start into the week...

IMG_4070.jpg.fad353fe1e8ef66770afec4b678d1db9.jpg

This is amazing Felix - and don't worry. All of us have the same problem that our kids like @Alex Raptor's ride more than our own ( @Niki).

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

12 minutes ago, Felix Obst said:

Hi @Alex Raptor,

took me my entire morning to make an Alex Raptor out of an obviously boring Lego Standard SUV...you have at least two new supporters since Saturday!

Have a good start into the week...

IMG_4070.jpg.fad353fe1e8ef66770afec4b678d1db9.jpg

That's amazing. So impressed. That's really cool. Don't tell them but there is an official raptor lego set available now. It will be on my Christmas list. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@Davie Chase these are the sort of comments that really make it such a great experience for the likes of myself and @Alex Raptor to get up early in the morning and come out and drive with club members. 

It's a community built on mutual respect and support - and our objective is truly to help as many people as have this bug to find a way to enjoy it safely. 

I guess the bit that I did not stress but which is still important is that as a club we are also about using stock cars - which is unusual in the 4x4 world. 

The photos are great - if you can pop them in the gallery next time it makes it easier on the server :-)

@Wrangeld Apologies still getting used to the web page forgot there was a gallery section. will for sure post the pics there for next time 

28 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

This is amazing Felix - and don't worry. All of us have the same problem that our kids like @Alex Raptor's ride more than our own ( @Niki).

@Felix Obst I have had my heart broken more times that I want to admit due to car envy from my kids!! your Jeeps and @Alex Raptor Raptor are the main culprit .... you both are spoilt with Lego, scale models, toy cars .... I have resorted to Rebrickable (see below) who are a great for us 'less desirable' car owners!  Saying that the kid is still expecting a Raptor Lego set for xMas (i am looking forward to disappointing him!)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-78963/marcoe14/toyota-fj-cruiser-premium-edition/#details

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Niki said:

@Felix Obst I have had my heart broken more times that I want to admit due to car envy from my kids!! your Jeeps and @Alex Raptor Raptor are the main culprit .... you both are spoilt with Lego, scale models, toy cars .... I have resorted to Rebrickable (see below) who are a great for us 'less desirable' car owners!  Saying that the kid is still expecting a Raptor Lego set for xMas (i am looking forward to disappointing him!)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-78963/marcoe14/toyota-fj-cruiser-premium-edition/#details

@Niki you have nothing about which to worry. At least brickable thinks your car worthy of a model. Unless you are driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, there's NOTHING - 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@Niki you have nothing about which to worry. At least brickable thinks your car worthy of a model. Unless you are driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, there's NOTHING - 

@Wrangeld you get a proper Lego Technic version which is RC also!! and lets not forget you are also a proud TJ owner :) .. you are in the 'spoilt' group!  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Niki said:

@Wrangeld you get a proper Lego Technic version which is RC also!! and lets not forget you are also a proud TJ owner :) .. you are in the 'spoilt' group!  

Hi @Niki, @Wrangeld, @Alex Raptor

I had to build another one yesterday and had to destroy the dads Jeep build. I can feel with you @Niki. And my boys improved the raptor with fancy Alex gadgets! I think there is no way around the raptor for Xmas to complete the collection they made me buy two yellow technic rubicons already. Thx for the rebrickable link I did not know the website. 
If Alex will join the next drive my boys be like…

74201C39-FA93-4EDA-A083-E7A2D56B94A8.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/17/2021 at 2:07 PM, Alex Raptor said:

That's amazing. So impressed. That's really cool. Don't tell them but there is an official raptor lego set available now. It will be on my Christmas list. 

@Alex Raptor found it discounted at borders … I just disagree with the colour. See you soon!!!

C85CC908-2C02-409E-9832-2695B766EF84.jpeg

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use