•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Skill Development - Technical - Dubai - 16 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

Off-road Skill Development Drive – Technical Dunes

You may be confident scaling the heights and riding the ridges, perhaps criss crossing is your thing, but if you find yourself in an area of tightly packed dunes, with soft sand, and sharp ridges, all the power in the world will likely not help you through these sections - and all to often to get to the big fun play dunes there are ranges of technical dunes through which you need to pass. 

So, it's time to practice this important off road skill and understand the finesse & control needed to get you through this type of dune with safely and with much greater confidence. This drive will be focused on spending time in these types of dunes so has little 'playtime' , focused on allowing you the time and patience to get through these sections of dunes so that technical dunes hold no fear. 

What you'll learn

• How to follow the correct line taken through technical.
  • Finesse & throttle control as tools to master.
  • Managing soft small sand bowls, ridges and banks.
  • Gauging the correct and safest moment to abort when momentum fails.

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Newbie and Above 

When:  16 October 2021 Friday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/kvm1noBkXoLtAxSaA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10.00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP THE BELOW IN THE EVENTS  CALENDAR

• WOW (+2) 3

• Frederic changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Skill Development - Technical - Dubai - 16 Oct 2021

WOW, very nice skill development theme @Wrangeld

Looks like you are prepping them for serious, prestigious, one and only upcoming challenges quietly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This is a really worthwhile drive for any vehicle, however for me driving a larger vehicle it has been "mission critical" to start to learn and appreciate the intricacies of technical dunes, sometimes deceptive, but always a challenge and a lot of fun and satisfaction when you look back and see what you have guided your vehicle through. I learn something new on technical every time I go out, most importantly it teaches me more and more about the dimensions fo my vehicle, the approach angles, the types of down slopes I can go down without bottoming out, where I might hit my bumper or get beached in a gulley. Also you won't find a better Professor than @Wrangeld to wrangle your way through the technical dunes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

Hello! I have registered myself for the drive. I have done 10 drives previously with a different group. I drive a Jeep JL and have the compressor, flag also. I have finished my absolute newbie drive too. Can I be evaluated for this drive and check if I am eligible for fewbie promotion? 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Wrangeld, this is a must for newbies like me.

Just a question, I'll be driving an Absolute newbie drive on Friday 15th and will join this drive with you on 16th. Is this fine, since ill be completing the Absolute newbie drive?

I have done 4 drives with other group.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JAISROCK said:

Hi @Wrangeld, this is a must for newbies like me.

Just a question, I'll be driving an Absolute newbie drive on Friday 15th and will join this drive with you on 16th. Is this fine, since ill be completing the Absolute newbie drive?

I have done 4 drives with other group.

Hi @JAISROCK sure, if you completed the AN you are welcome to join. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Vaibhav said:

Hello! I have registered myself for the drive. I have done 10 drives previously with a different group. I drive a Jeep JL and have the compressor, flag also. I have finished my absolute newbie drive too. Can I be evaluated for this drive and check if I am eligible for fewbie promotion? 🙂

Hi @Vaibhav you are welcome to join this drive. 

As for your eligibility for promotions, you may self certify based on previous experience and we can see on the next drive how this looks.

Support - Carnity.com

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Magnificent Seven

Delighted to welcome you to the technical skills drive planned for Friday Saturday. I will be supported by two of our most experienced drivers, meaning we can give some close attention to all attending, and we will have vehicles in the seniors that have the same sort of dynamics as the vehicles on the drive:

I have an SWB Pajero  - not quite a jeep, but similar. 
@GauravSoni has a LWB Pajero - not quite an LWB Jeep but close enough
@Alex Raptor has a Ford 150 Raptor - same in scale as a Y62

The plan is to find some technical dunes in the Qudra area and spend a good few hours practicing driving through these difficult patches of dunes. We will get stuck - so you will get the added benefit of being able to practice endless self recovery!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hi Richard @Wrangeld

i see 16th oct being refereed as Friday and in other post as sat

For avoidance of any doubt can u kindly confirm if this drive takes place on sat 16th or Friday 15th

regards,

22 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Magnificent Seven

Delighted to welcome you to the technical skills drive planned for Friday. I will be supported by two of our most experienced drivers, meaning we can give some close attention to all attending, and we will have vehicles in the seniors that have the same sort of dynamics as the vehicles on the drive:

I have an SWB Pajero  - not quite a jeep, but similar. 
@GauravSoni has a LWB Pajero - not quite an LWB Jeep but close enough
@Alex Raptor has a Ford 150 Raptor - same in scale as a Y62

The plan is to find some technical dunes in the Qudra area and spend a good few hours practicing driving through these difficult patches of dunes. We will get stuck - so you will get the added benefit of being able to practice endless self recovery!

@WrangeldThis looks like what would be amazing day out in the dunes!  I plan to Pack up lunch and dinner and loads of water and I am sure @Alex Raptoris already geared up !!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use