•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Skill Development - Technical - Dubai - 16 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

1 hour ago, GauravSoni said:

@WrangeldThis looks like what would be amazing day out in the dunes!  I plan to Pack up lunch and dinner and loads of water and I am sure @Alex Raptoris already geared up !!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ... All day drive ...

1 hour ago, salah2u said:

Hi Richard @Wrangeld

i see 16th oct being refereed as Friday and in other post as sat

For avoidance of any doubt can u kindly confirm if this drive takes place on sat 16th or Friday 15th

regards,

Saturday

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@qaiser ijaz I note you did not yet complete the Absolute newbie drive. You may want to consider carefully if a technical skills drive is your next Carnity outing because the drive is designed to hone skills that are in development. Having said that you have an outstanding choice of vehicle for this type of drive ... :-) so plese confirm the AN is complete and then you can join. 

• Like (+1) 1

The weekend draws inexorably closer and with it the chance for excitement on this special Saturday drive to hone your technical skills in the dunes of Qudra. 

With a convoy of 11 plus the excellent support of @GauravSoni and @Alex Raptor it's a long convoy, so we will play around a bit with numbering and challenges so that those at the back are not always the ones fighting the soft sand and tough conditions. 

Bring your A game to the desert, however. As I said before, technical is a challenge that can overwhelm - and we don't want that - because once you're in a technical area, there's no magic wand we can use to magically get your car out of the dunes. But you all knew that before you signed up for this. 

@GauravSoni jokes that he is bringing lunch and dinner with him: if you have plans for Saturday that are essential and you cannot be late, while we will try to get out by 10am, on this type of drive there is a high likelihood that we finish late. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@qaiser ijaz I note you did not yet complete the Absolute newbie drive. You may want to consider carefully if a technical skills drive is your next Carnity outing because the drive is designed to hone skills that are in development. Having said that you have an outstanding choice of vehicle for this type of drive ... :-) so plese confirm the AN is complete and then you can join. 

@Wrangeld I will be taking my first ride on Friday. And I have taken one technical ride before with other group. And I don't want to miss this. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/11/2021 at 2:05 PM, Wrangeld said:

Dear Magnificent Seven

Delighted to welcome you to the technical skills drive planned for Friday Saturday. I will be supported by two of our most experienced drivers, meaning we can give some close attention to all attending, and we will have vehicles in the seniors that have the same sort of dynamics as the vehicles on the drive:

I have an SWB Pajero  - not quite a jeep, but similar. 
@GauravSoni has a LWB Pajero - not quite an LWB Jeep but close enough
@Alex Raptor has a Ford 150 Raptor - same in scale as a Y62

The plan is to find some technical dunes in the Qudra area and spend a good few hours practicing driving through these difficult patches of dunes. We will get stuck - so you will get the added benefit of being able to practice endless self recovery!

Hi Wrangled,

Thank you so much. Looking forward to the drive and awaiting the meeting point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Raman_Dbx said:

Opting out due to Friday winter drive as it might end late. Was really looking forward to learning from @Wrangeld. Next time. :)

I am doing winter drive too, Raman!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Salim Akhtar said:

Hi @Wrangeld,

I have opted in for the drive just today. Pls let me know if I can still join.

Thanks

You can if you confirm by 6 am tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use