•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Skill Development - Technical - Dubai - 16 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

Hi @Wrangeld, @Alex Raptor
Hi wolfpack, 

thank you so much for todays experience. I'm sitting on my sofa with a cold beer and just thought how amazing the drive was today! I learned a lot and gained a lot of confidence driving through soft sand and narrow dunes. I really enjoyed the pace today, in my opinion the quality of carnity newbies is outstanding which is a big thank you to all the marshals who even get out of bed when they had a desert barbecue the night before! I'm really looking forward to all the drives which are about to come! 

Have a great weekend - looking forward to meet all of you in the sand again! 

IMG_4049.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Wrangeld @Alex Raptor thank you for today’s lead and support. Loved every bit of it. 

Though I have done 11 drives previously this was challenging with virgin dunes and soft sand. 

hoping to see more of this technical drives

• Like (+1) 2

👋👋👋AMAZING DRIVE Richard @Wrangeld& Alex@Alex Raptor.  Your tag team  brings out the best from all of us. You never let anyone behind. 
I appreciate you talked through what happens on every obstacle and gave advice how to overcome them.
I learned a lot! Really! 🙏🙏🙏

And most importantly, I gained a lot of confidence on my rig, never thought I could do it.
Hopefully to get more of this technical drive.

Until next time🤞🤞🤞

• Like (+1) 2

How good was that? Thank you all for attending today, also appreciate all of you being ready on time, it does make a big difference. 

We had a mix of some more experienced newbies and fewbies, as well as some of you just on your second drives. Very impressive how you all commanded your vehicles through some very tricky parts. The objective was to push you and to show you how to conquer technical dunes, you all did it it with aplomb. It would be my pleasure to drive with any of you again.

Specifically, we learnt how to use momentum to crawl through very soft sand, how different approach speeds will make all the difference when crossing what appear to be only small dunes, but they will still get the better of us. For some of you that will be the first time you will have seen a pop out being fixed, as we discussed in our debrief, this is something that happens to all of us and as you develop your skills you can learn how to minimise the number of occurrences. We also did some digging and rope recoveries as well as a couple of winches. The second was a very tricky recovery from a pocket with only two wheels on the ground. 

Your radio comms and convoy discipline were good, always remember to announce any stuck or reattempt, with your name and vehicle so we can make sure the rest of the convoy is aware of your manoeuvring. 

Thanks again everyone, it was a really enjoyable Saturday morning drive, we covered a good distance with a lot less issues than I expected, that is testament to you and your abilities, the more you do it the more you will learn. 

Look forward to doing it again soon, next time we will venture into some even tougher stuff........

Edited by Alex Raptor
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Post Drive Report

Guys - it was immense. You handled every challenge carefully, patiently and skillfully. We even made it back on time and in the end, actually travelled quite a few KM. A pop out, using the rope, winching, digging - it was all there. I think that all your comments say enough about the drive and what you learned: after all that was the objective. 

I'll be more than happy to take this group out again any time and continue to hone these skills if my wingman @Alex Raptor is free. More importantly, as he continues his development in the direction of leading drives and becoming one of our senior members, it will be my pleasure to be the support on his drives. 

Hoping that this has started the technical bug inside a few of you. The techno lovers group is slowly but surely growing in our club, which in turn is improving the capabilities of our drivers. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Wrangeld @Alex Raptor great drive at the weekend, as always learned so much from you guys and the other team members. Can not wait for the next technical drive with you guys it was extremely challenging, fun and enjoyable, with an amazing group of folks. I think it was Richard that emphasized in the pre drive briefing about the community element of Carnity. This is really starting to come to the for now as we slowly get to go out on drives with the same folks and start to build those relationships. Fantastic club to be a part of.

Some Pics attached 

See you all in the Sand soon

Davie

IMG_7002[1].JPG

IMG_E7013.JPG

IMG_E7039.JPG

IMG_E7040.JPG

IMG_7040.JPG

IMG_E7004.JPG

IMG_E7005.JPG

IMG_E7007.JPG

IMG_E7008.JPG

IMG_E7010.JPG

IMG_E7014.JPG

IMG_E7016.JPG

IMG_E7019.JPG

IMG_E7021.JPG

IMG_E7030.JPG

IMG_E7039.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

17 minutes ago, Davie Chase said:

@Wrangeld @Alex Raptor great drive at the weekend, as always learned so much from you guys and the other team members. Can not wait for the next technical drive with you guys it was extremely challenging, fun and enjoyable, with an amazing group of folks. I think it was Richard that emphasized in the pre drive briefing about the community element of Carnity. This is really starting to come to the for now as we slowly get to go out on drives with the same folks and start to build those relationships. Fantastic club to be a part of.

Some Pics attached 

See you all in the Sand soon

Davie

@Davie Chase these are the sort of comments that really make it such a great experience for the likes of myself and @Alex Raptor to get up early in the morning and come out and drive with club members. 

It's a community built on mutual respect and support - and our objective is truly to help as many people as have this bug to find a way to enjoy it safely. 

I guess the bit that I did not stress but which is still important is that as a club we are also about using stock cars - which is unusual in the 4x4 world. 

The photos are great - if you can pop them in the gallery next time it makes it easier on the server :-)

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Alex Raptor,

took me my entire morning to make an Alex Raptor out of an obviously boring Lego Standard SUV...you have at least two new supporters since Saturday!

Have a good start into the week...

IMG_4070.jpg.fad353fe1e8ef66770afec4b678d1db9.jpg

• WOW (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use