•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 22 Oct 2021

Chaitanya D

47 minutes ago, Shams Bin Majeed said:

I have towing hook in the back side. But front side not visible anything. 

Can you please send pictures , tow hooks or recovery points are mandatory .

Reference pictures below for you to check similar set up on your car and confirm 

Rear as below 

IMG-20211021-WA0094.jpg.5b49fc3d8ef55f35a5baf276be084e8d.jpg

Front as below

IMG-20211021-WA0093.jpg.0d71b52e267adb320870397a705bd922.jpg

Dear Friends

RSVP is closed

Please note the positions for tomorrows drive

image.png.333366beb48f5d76b22929d9d256fae8.png

We would be using Carnity radio channel 1, 446 006.25

If you do need to reach me in case of an emergency, my number is 0529970964

Please make sure to go through the Absolute Newbie Video briefing as it is very important, failing to do so could lead to you being sent back.

Please be on time and make sure you have a full tank of fuel.

You can deflate to 15 PSI for regular tires, and 12 psi if you have all terrain tires.

Myself and @Jeepie will assist you all at the meeting point and we will personally check for the mandatory requirements.

Bring a lot of enthusiasm, patience and a willingness to learn off roading in a safe manner.

See you'll in the sand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Fayaz Caffoor said:

Hi is it too late to join the drive tomorrow? 
No previous experience- 1st drive

Range Rover HSE 2012

Yes, it's too late as drive RSVP closes at 6 PM on Thursday. 

Hope to see you on next Friday, as we have these absolute newbie drive every week.

5 hours ago, Harshad Ashraf said:

Dear Gaurav,
Just now saw your notification regarding chaithanya drive and i have removed from Islam drive. But now RSVP is closed for Chaithanya. Kindly do the needful, so that i can join tomorrow itself.

Hi Harshad, I'm afraid I cannot do anything after drive RSVP closes.

Hope to see you on next Friday, as we have these absolute newbie drive every week.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Thanks (+1) 5

Thanks for a great drive team! It was brilliant fun. 
I think the most important thing I learnt was how to use the gas and auto gearbox at the right time. I was accelerating too much at the beginning but felt so much confident as we went round the technical dunes at the end. 
The Raptor did well!

looking forward to seeing you all again on the next drive once I have got a flag mount for the truck

cheers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Mark Dolman said:

Thanks for a great drive team! It was brilliant fun. 
I think the most important thing I learnt was how to use the gas and auto gearbox at the right time. I was accelerating too much at the beginning but felt so much confident as we went round the technical dunes at the end. 
The Raptor did well!

looking forward to seeing you all again on the next drive once I have got a flag mount for the truck

cheers!

Absolutely @Mark Dolman. Fantastic to see your enthusiasm and improvisation as the drive progressed. Raptor did well, yes , but it is always the driver which matters more.cheers 

• Like (+1) 1

Trip Report:

Dear Friends Rouaj @Rouaj, Jayshree Menon @Jayshree Menon, Mirza Walid Baig @Mirza Walid Baig ,Mark Dolman @Mark Dolman, hamza ethar @hamza ethar, Shantanu Joshi @Shantanu Joshi,  Jeepie @Jeepie, @GauravSoni

Many thanks for joining this absolute newbie drive with carnity. I hope you all had a wonderful time learning the basics of off-roading which you will build on as you progress along. It is the start of a wonderful journey, which is a great stress buster every weekend exploring the natural beauty of desert. With an awesome winter ahead, it only gets better.

We did learn how to feel and control your car on sand- hard, soft and supersoft in some areas. As this drive is an introduction, you will build and improve on these in more challenging terrains on further drives you join.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a MANDATORY requirement.

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

MUST READ: Offroad Club Structure, Levels and Rules

whatsapp.png Carnity Drive Notification

Special word of thanks to @Jeepie and @GauravSoni for supporting this drive and many thanks for uploading some awesome pictures. Gallery link below where you can see and upload pictures from this drive

Absolute Newbie - Al Qudra - Dubai - 22 Oct 2021 - Carnity.com

See you all sometime soon. Enjoy your week at work

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use