•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 22 Oct 2021

Brette

Drive RSVP is now closed. 

Convoy order below.

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Fewbie level drives.

See you all tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM and we will be using Radio channel 1.

1 Brette JGC Lead
2 @Enrico Biscaro Pajero 2nd Lead
3 @Joji varghese Fortuner  
4 @Rsjiv Samuel FJ  
5 @Daniel Rodas Pajero LWB  
6 @Ashy JGC CF
7 @salah2u Y62  
8 @Raman_Dbx Wrangler  
9 @Nafiz LX  
10 @Mohammed Mansoor Y62  
11 @Shaaz Sha Xterra Sweep

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

hello guys, Hope every one enjoyed the drive (except @Raman_Dbx). Todays was an eventful drive and a great opportunity for all of us to learn. We had all the worst things a drive could have, refusals, stucks, pop outs and a roll over. AS @Brette announced at the end of drive " some days are meant to be like this". Thank you @Brette for the drive and @Ashy for your support as CF. @Enrico Biscaro did very well as the 2nd lead, well done . @Joji varghese had some tough time with your Fortuner, but managed well bro. @Rsjiv Samueland @Daniel Rodas successfully managed to handle the terrain and make it through.. well done guys. @salah2u, @Nafiz and @Mohammed Mansoor did impressive .. good job guys and finally @Raman_Dbx, it was unfortunate what happened with you and hope you are done with the legal procedures . Thank you guys once again and see you soon.

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was a lenghty drive almost 5 hours in the desert, a lot of new things to learn today. @Brette thank you for your exceptional support and lead for this drive. This was a learning curve, we had few refusals including myself and tyre pop out which was something new for me to learn to put it back to its bead.@Shaaz Sha thank you for your support you are an excellent sweep :) . @Ashyas always been amazing CF. 

Rest of the convoy had done amazing and keeped up with the heat. 

@Raman_Dbx hope all is sorted, wish to see you back in the desert soon. 

20211022_095610.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks @Shaaz Sha for the report. Yes, it was an eventful and long day in the desert. About 90 minutes into the drive, it was unfortunate what happened with @Raman_Dbxbut glad he is fine and only minor damage to the vehicle. Take care buddy and hope to see you soon in the sand again. After making sure Raman was exited safely, we had about an hour left so we took and easier route hoping to make it to Faya so we could have some play time there but had multiple stucks, refusals and pop outs along the way. Although we were not able to make it, we managed to reach the nice big dunes just before Faya. Everyone did really well here making it to the top but unfortunately on the way down, @Joji varghese got himself stuck in a pocket and by the time he was recovered it was time to exit.

It was during Joji's recovery, that someone noticed two guys a few dunes away waving out for help, after recovering Joji, Shaaz and myself went to check on them and saw they had a bad pop out in a tricky spot and had absolutely no gear to fix it.  It took it close to 40 minutes to get that sorted before we made our way to the tarmac. Thank you to everyone for waiting patiently and I apologise for the delay in getting out. 

@Enrico Biscaro thanks again for being a perfect second lead. It was a bit of a frustrating day for you with a few refusals and pop outs but am sure it was a good learning experience. Having been with you on one of your first drives, I can see a huge improvement. Well done.

@Joji varghese its good to see you getting more in sync with your fortuner and am sure with a few more drives, you will also figure out its limitations being a 2.7. The key here is to find that sweet spot and then work your way around the other short falls that come with not having that additional power on tap. 

@Rsjiv Samuel you did pretty well with just a few refusals. Driving a a capable vehicle is a blessing but try and not only depend on the vehicle to get you out of sticky situations. Sometimes being gentle on the gas is better than all the power the vehicle has to offer. With time you will figure that out yourself and that will make you a more capable offroader. 

@Daniel Rodas you did really well. Hardly heard you through the drive which is a good thing. When we did stop and I got to see you attempt the sideys, you were totally in control. Well done. 

@Ashy thanks for your support in the CF position. A few stucks and refusals and each time reminded me of myself trying to figure out the JGC. It has a mind of its own and a small error in your line can end up with a stuck or refusal. This is something you need to pay special attention too and work your way around it. Would be happy to help anytime you have any questions. 

@salah2u Was good to see you back and you definitely looked more confident than the last time after the few mods to the front end of your Y62. It is a powerful beast but like they say, with more power comes more responsibility. A few times on approaching a criss cross, I saw the vehicle fishtail, NEVER try and use power to push the vehicle in the opposite direction when that happens. Always steer in the direction of the fishtail to straighten the vehicle and make a safe exit. Better to have a refusal and reattempt than end up being sorry. Other than that, was really impressed with the way you managed the entire drive. 

@Raman_Dbx its was unfortunate what happened and hope to see you back soon. 

@Nafiz and  @Mohammed Mansoor I did not get to see too much of you'll as you guys were at the end of the convoy but I was impressed with the little I got to see on some of the climbs we did one at a time. Well done. 

@Shaaz Sha You were a blessing. We needed a lot of pulls, tugs, shovelling and the pop outs. You were all over the place and I can't thank you enough. Thanks buddy. 

Overall everyone did really well and hope to see you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

7 hours ago, Brette said:

frustrating day for you with a few

Actually I wa into frustrated. Pop out happens and now I know how to deal with them. Will buy a jack :-) The second pop out was totally unexpected and my mistake as I pushed the car too much. Learn another limit, great. 

Refusal are also good as this time my transmission did not overheat and I did not have to shovel. 

In all beside the couple of hitches I feel I managed quite well a couple of situation where a few drives ago I'd be stuck stuck so I feel I am improving and getting to know the car better 

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use