•  
Advertise here

Fuses - ABS/TC and Airbags

Nathan

Hi folks

I’ve got a Ram Rebel+ and just starting to get into desert driving. However, one thing I’m struggling with is disabling the ABS/TC/ESP and airbags fully. The TC can be disabled with the switch in the cabin but it’s not ‘fully’ off. 

I found a website that mentioned fuses f26 and f29 control the ABS/TC but nothing regarding airbags. 

Does anyone know what fuses to pull to turn all these off? 

Thanks! 

• Like (+1) 2

@Daniel Rodas any idea buddy ?

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @nr51mesand @Frederic, the fuse to be removed is the f26 (labeled mod esp) only for disabling abs and TC.

I don't know for the airbags though, have done newbie drives with it and hit couple of bumps with no susprises.

Will investigate further, let me know what you find.

• Like (+1) 1

Amazing, so useful. Thanks @Daniel Rodas and @Frederic

From my research so far it seems that Dodge do not allow you to disable the airbags at all…even the passenger airbag as most other makes do. I’ll keep digging and will let you know what I come up with. 

• Like (+1) 1

Having spoken with Dodge directly, it is impossible to disable the airbags. The fuses that the airbags use power other ECM parts and if you remove them it will stop the car functioning altogether. So I’ll just have to take the risk I guess 

Let me share the actual concern for disabling the "side" airbag, while off-roading (of course at the higher level) when you criss-cross dune at a sharp angle and high-speed chances are your side airbag may deploy. This we have seen in many US model 4x4 like Ford Explorer, Expedition, Jeep Cherokee, etc.

The science or logic behind the side airbag deployment is that they factor the body roll and when computer sense 45 degrees roll on one side of dune (before crisscrossing)+ 45 degrees on another side (after crisscrossing) = 90 degrees = means the vehicle is either rolled over or have a flip and side curtain airbag will deploy.

In one of the cases, I rem Jeep Cherokee covered that in warranty as to its flawed move by vehicle, so it's better to check with your agency on what type of science these vehicles use, currently (as something must have improved over the years). And secondly, if the vehicle deploys a side airbag without having a flip or roll, will it be covered in warranty? As they are quite expensive in the range of 5-10K AED.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This is what worries me though @Gaurav…if I can’t disable it fully then I’ll always have to take it easy. 

I’ll ask Dodge again about the airbag technology and also about the warranty, and will report back! 

• Like (+1) 1