•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 21 Oct 2021

Srikumar

4 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Ok.

@Zed and @Mus_hus78 do you wish to join as well? Second drive signups are open from today. 

Confirmed Boss @Srikumar 👨‍✈️, sorry for hours delay, just got approval from the car owner + made sure to buy a longer dig-a-grave shovel 🥄😁

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Zed said:

Confirmed Boss @Srikumar 👨‍✈️, sorry for hours delay, just got approval from the car owner + made sure to buy a longer dig-a-grave shovel 🥄😁

made my day @Zed .. see you tomorrow and i am more than happy to give you a chance to break in your newly extended shovel :)

• Like (+1) 2

@JAISROCK @Richard Franks @Anna Dillon @Mohammed Ibrahim @Joseph Raju @Serafino @Adnan Halepota @Brendan White @Sudhanva Sonawane @Thomas Varghese @Zed @GauravSoni @Niki

We have a very good line up of Newbie drivers with the right mix of more experience members to spice up tomorrow's drive. As everyone has driven with Carnity before I would like to just brush up on the more important points for the moment:

1. Ensure that you have a flag, radio, deflator and pressure gauge as a minimum. A compressor to inflate your tyres is also highly recommended

2. Ensure that all items are properly secured and tied down in your car.

3. Ensure that your car is in good working condition

4. Please be there on time, i.e., 6:00 AM. A little early would be better. Meeting point has been updated on the drive post as well as the calendar event . https://goo.gl/maps/QpjB6NdtfaPpSKf9A. The Fewbie convoy is also in the nearby vicinity, so don't be tempted to jump on that convoy. 

5. We will be using Carnity Channel 3 (446.056) for tomorrow's drive. Please ensure that this channel is programmed properly before the drive. 

The plan for tomorrow is to start of on some nice easy dunes with a relaxed pace. As everyone starts getting settled, I will start bumping up the level one step at a time as we get closer to the bigger dunes of  Sweihan. We also have

Convoy Numbering would be posted later this evening. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Julian Patterson since you are joining us for the first time, if you could please provide us with the following information:

- Do you have any previous offroad expereince. 

- Does your vehicle have 8-10 inch of ground clearance

- Front and rear tow hooks. If you have a hitch at the back, please ensure that you have a hitch receiver with a shackle like int he below image. 

image.png.7633bf8a1b264c774104e35a9f004dcd.png

Please go through the Newbie briefing video with full attention:

https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek

For tomorrow's drive, please ensure that you have a pressure gauge, deflator and compressor (highly advisable). If you have a radio, its great else we will provide a spare radio for first timers with Carnity. 

• Like (+1) 1

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar - XJ

2. Richard - Wrangler

3. Sudhanva - Montero

4. Adnan - Prado

5. Jaisrock - Wrangler

6. Niki - FJC

7. Brendan - Xterra

8. Joseph Raju - Y61

9. Ibrahim - Y61

10. Zed - Y62

11. Serafino - Wrangler

12. Thomas - Xterra

13. Gaurav - Pajero

See you tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM. My mobile number incase of emergency is 055-9567471

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use