•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 21 Oct 2021

Srikumar

4 hours ago, Srikumar said:

The Fewbie convoy is also in the nearby vicinity, so don't be tempted to jump on that convoy. 

I’m sure with the line-up, this too will be a Fewbie drive 😂

4 hours ago, Srikumar said:

As everyone starts getting settled, I will start bumping up the level one step at a time as we get closer to the bigger dunes of  Sweihan. 

Translation: Newbie > bump > NewbiePlus > bump > Fewbie 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

A great drive. Sweihan is a challenging terrain. Surprisingly the newbies did more than good in negotiating the terrain. @GauravSoni & @Niki did great support in times of need. Hope @Joseph Raju sorted out his tire issue and reached home safe

• Thanks (+1) 3

THANK YOU @Srikumar, @Niki, @GauravSoni for a great teamwork leading this drive. I commend your consistent safety reminders👍

I’m impressed with the variety of terrain challenges in Sweihan, will definitely be  back.

it was nice meeting the rest of the team, see you  all soon!

will post photos later…😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Srikumar thank you for that wonderful first Sweihan experience - I am eager to go back once mother nature removes those bulldozer tracks! I appreciated all the support and guidance you and @GauravSoni provided allowing me to keep improving as a Support Team member. 

Thank you to the full convoy with their brilliant attitude during the difficult periods (appreciate the patience and willingness to help each other!).  @Joseph Raju we hope you got home safely and that pop-out/tear was a lesson for all of us on the importance of keeping a good condition spare tire (and tools).

@Richard Franks hats off to you as SL, with the many re-routes caused by the digger tracks, that was a demanding role to play today and you were superb!  

@Sudhanva Sonawane @Adnan Halepota @JAISROCK @Julian Pattersonin front of me and were excellent and took instruction perfectly, never fishtailing and handling the terrain well - a lot of confidence built!

@Brendan White directly behind me - was great to be on a ride again and it seems we only join the eventful ones! Another super drive and evidence again you a highly experienced 'newbie' :) 

@Zed @Serafino @Thomas Varghese @GauravSoni making light of being at the back and its always a joy being on a convoy with you guys and those extra-ordinary-shovels Zed brings out to play!  

See you all on the dunes soon! 

@Zed - I want your LC100 protected and you'll understand why when you see what you can command in the US for it! - Jonathan Ward is in my opinion the greatest Resto-Mod guy ... and his Bronco's, LC100's and FJs are dream cars for me (he's slowed down LC100s due the difficulty of sourcing clean ones int he US)! 

Edited by Niki
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Niki said:

and those extra-ordinary-shovels Zed brings out to play! 

I think it’s a locality thing, gonna drive to Dubai to find this straight-angled shovel… I reckon they’re called Spade and Not Scoop 😅

1 hour ago, Niki said:

@Zed - I want your LC100 protected and you'll understand why when you see what you can command in the US for it! - Jonathan Ward is in my opinion the greatest Resto-Mod guy ... and his Bronco's, LC100's and FJs are dream cars for me (he's slowed down LC100s due the difficulty of sourcing clean ones int he US)! 

Thanks bro for the links, I think after a while, due to insurance and old engine, I’m gonna retire the LC100 and try to sell it as a classic 😉

Since that guy sold to celebrities, his ones look better valued than Vogue Industries luxury-mods 4x4s https://www.vogueindustries.com/4x4

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use