•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 21 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

13 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

W/L @Thomas Varghese

Looking forward to starting off the holiday weekend with all of you. Sweihan on Thursday will be a blast. 

As you can see, we have a waitlist starting - so if by chance your plans change ( like you are reminded that it's your anniversary, or you're working) step out early to make way for our W/L. 

See you soon in the sand.  

I sadly have to drop @Wrangeld however promise it’s not a forgotten anniversary/birthday .. have the privilege to support Srikumar.  Have a wonderful drive  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Niki said:

I sadly have to drop @Wrangeld however promise it’s not a forgotten anniversary/birthday .. have the privilege to support Srikumar.  Have a wonderful drive  

Hi @Niki our loss is @Srikumar gain. 

@Christopher Assal you've just been added to the drive list. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Serafino said:

@Wrangeld no need for wait list here. i found a slot on 21-Oct ride

@Serafino you need to wait until all the WL candidates get a spot on this drive or you can join the newbie drive of @Srikumar which has spots open. Kindly do as you wish. 

3 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Serafino you need to wait until all the WL candidates get a spot on this drive or you can join the newbie drive of @Srikumar which has spots open. Kindly do as you wish. 

Thanks for reminding on this @Thomas Varghese.

@Serafino I removed you from the drive because @Christopher Assal was first in the waitlist. 

The policy in the club is that if the drive is full you add yourself as waitlist. Top of the waitlist is the first person posting here. If, as happened today, a place opens up because someone drops out, the WL get the place before anyone else. As drive leads we cannot sit on the site the whole day watching and waiting in case someone has a change in plans and it is a much fairer way of managing the availability. 

As @Thomas Varghese also mentioned, there are places on the drive with @Srikumar. If this is your first Sweihan experience, I can assure you, the level will be more than sufficient. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

20 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Thanks for reminding on this @Thomas Varghese.

@Serafino I removed you from the drive because @Christopher Assal was first in the waitlist. 

The policy in the club is that if the drive is full you add yourself as waitlist. Top of the waitlist is the first person posting here. If, as happened today, a place opens up because someone drops out, the WL get the place before anyone else. As drive leads we cannot sit on the site the whole day watching and waiting in case someone has a change in plans and it is a much fairer way of managing the availability. 

As @Thomas Varghese also mentioned, there are places on the drive with @Srikumar. If this is your first Sweihan experience, I can assure you, the level will be more than sufficient. 

I put the comment here as I felt @Serafino is relatively new to the club and I didn't want him to show up on your drive early in the morning believing he is on the drive and creating a headache for you. When we are removed from a drive I think we don't get a notification. Plus as its now little chance to get on your drive I didn't want him to lose the chance to drive either, so I pointed out @Srikumar's drive. Forgot to mention that there is a spot on @Ale Vallecchi's drive too and almost same region. There are spots in @Gaurav's drive too in pink rock area which may be far for @Serafino

Edited by Thomas Varghese

15 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I put the comment here as I felt @Serafino is relatively new to the club and I didn't want him to show up on your drive early in the morning believing he is on the drive and creating a headache for you. When we are removed from a drive I think we don't get a notification. Plus as its now little chance to get on your drive I didn't want him to lose the chance to drive either, so I pointed out @Srikumar's drive. Forgot to mention that there is a spot on @Ale Vallecchi's drive too and almost same region. There are spots in @Gaurav's drive too in pink rock area which may be far for @Serafino

very good of you @Thomas Varghese to point these things out. The notifications will work when the driver is tagged and they have set up their profile to alert them by email when their name is mentioned. It's quite right to say Thomas that there are a lot of people that don't check in until later in the week and it would have been a long drive for @Serafino to arrive in Sweihan and find the drive was full. 

Thanks also Thomas for identifying for your club member where the spaces are in the drive roster. We try our best to make sure that every driver gets at least one drive a weekend. In the back ground this is being checked and where we see a driver is missing out the leads will try our best to accommodate so that everyone gets at least one drive - in fact, that is exactly what led to the process of drivers waiting till later in the week to get their second drive. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

@ShereenMK your are now on the drive since Gregory has dropped out. Kindly confirm attendance ASAP. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use