•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 21 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

9 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I wish @Wrangeld will get the opportunity to teach you the famous blip blip, left right, forward reverse technique too. Its a very effective technique in self recovering from most stuck situations. He dedicated almost half an hour or more to teach me in a very horrendous situation and I'm really thankful to him for that. Its become standard operating procedure for me when stuck and have saved me so many times. The drawback is you will need a massager to get both your arms into workable condition.   

Kind of you to give some credit to me for the blip blip method, however, this is a technique all the marshals will employ when needed - I am sure that if needed @Srikumar will employ the technique if the situation requires. 

What is good to see @Thomas Varghese is that you internalised the experience and can use it to the full. While there were drivers on that drive getting impatient for us to use a rope or wished that the process took less time, the best learning that any driver can get is to learn how to drive their car out of trouble (possibly with assistance digging). Driving away from the challenge is what all marshals aim to assist the whole convoy in acheiveing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The action plan on Thursday is as follows - we will scale some peaks and swoop our way through the Sweihan ranges of dunes. If you are thinking of bringing passengers, make sure they have strong stomachs, Sweihan can be like a roller coaster ride as the bowls are deep and long. Unusually for me I will be trying to stay clear of the technical dunes because I like the idea of scaling the heights and descending some of the vertignous slip faces that form a part of these ranges. 

I have learned, however, that planning a drive in Sweihan is often a fool's errand. It seems however well we plan, the plan goes awry. 

See you Thursday in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

8 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Wrangeld any possibility i can be added to the drive. It's my only drive this weekend. Thanks

Hi Varun, 

Will do a check with the convoy today and let you know. As first drive you get preference and we do not have waitlist of first drive members at the moment. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Sweihan team,

Here is the convoy list for tomorrow's drive: 

image.png.49f7cc9dc2c472cfa49a792f013dd9a4.png

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Alexander Holodny @Ben84 @John Vanderbleek @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @varunmehndiratta @ShereenMK @munkybizness @Daniel Rodas @Josh T. @Alex Raptor

We will use Carnity radio channel 4. 

See you all in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Sweihan team,

Here is the convoy list for tomorrow's drive: 

image.png.49f7cc9dc2c472cfa49a792f013dd9a4.png

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Alexander Holodny @Ben84 @John Vanderbleek @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @varunmehndiratta @ShereenMK @munkybizness @Daniel Rodas @Josh T. @Alex Raptor

We will use Carnity radio channel 4. 

See you all in the morning. 

Fewbie ranking here..this will be 4th Fewbie drive for me...looking forward to tomorrow morning!

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Daniel Rodas said:

Hi @Wrangeld, please count me with the Pajero LWB. Thanks!

OK. Might move you further forward as a result. 

46 minutes ago, John Vanderbleek said:

Fewbie ranking here..this will be 4th Fewbie drive for me...looking forward to tomorrow morning!

Apologies - it's not automated on my spreadsheet and I missed that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use