•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Long Range Patrols Series: Al Ghail to Bataeh - RAK to SHJ - 23 Oct 2021

Ale Vallecchi

11 minutes ago, Rawad said:

Guys recovery is on its way sent by the insurance. I will drop it at the agency

Thank you all for waiting, hope you can still enjoy the rest of the drive

@Rob H I owe a beer man. Really appreciate your help. Ur awesome

Hope to drive with you all soon.... if I dont loose a kidney to fix the car tho  😅😅

Oh no! Seems I missed a lot if action, hope your Patrol is okay. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rawad said:

Guys recovery is on its way sent by the insurance

@Rawad great news and I hope you did not have to wait too long for the recovery truck.

The drive continued, we headed back close to where we paused.  @Ale Vallecchi offered to extend the drive for a while.  We managed to complete close to 80 Km over an interesting terrain of red sands, variety of flora and groves of ghaf trees.

Everyone drove very well, there were just a few refusals and other obstacles that were sorted out with diligence.

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for having us in the drive today, thanks to @GauravSoni for his support as CF, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe for the first part as sweep, and to @Rob H for his help with Rawad's car.

It was a pleasure driving today with all of you, have a nice week ahead.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for a marathon drive this morning, in terms of duration this was the longest I have personally done, with full concentration required throughout!

Some really interesting terrain and plenty of soft sand and technical areas to keep us all focused..

Hope your car is fixed easily and quickly @Rawad.

Thanks to those who supported and see you all soon 🌵

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

What a drive, all the hallmarks of @Ale Vallecchi’s tredamark drives were there. Fantastic. Awesome. Felt like drove through continents… Kenyan Serengeti to Aussi Outback to Yes of course Middle East (we are there!). Especially loved the first segment of the drive  where we required to do precision ridge riding on long powdery and loose as talcum sand dunes and then race to catch next one, if one were being slow they will loose the sight of the convoy in front. Plus the exploration of completely new areas, that we no one has ever gone before. Thank you very much @Ale Vallecchifor the drive. You will see me many many more dives with you. 

A big shout out to @Gaurav Soni for all the work he put in as the center forward and @Mario Cornejo as sweep for officiating the proceedings.

And who can forget the true recovery agent in today’s drive @JeromeFJ you were great at all times. Kudos to @Rob H the tuner, never shy to get dirty to make cars drive like  race cars, thanks a lot for all the under the bonnet work.  @Thomas Varghese was an amazing 2nd lead, and after missing both the drivers between i and him, I could see first hand how well he managed everything. He sure looks like the go to 2nd lead, as it is my second drive back to back as him being the second lead. Never shy to explore the surroundings- he was in tight control of the lead following him everywhere, even when asked not to. 

All in all a fantastic drive as usual and thanks everybody who participated in today’s drive, @Sunil Mathew, @Russ, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, And @Rawad - hope to see you soon buddy- and all of the the Saturday morning gang. 

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

4 hours ago, Looper said:

What a drive, all the hallmarks of @Ale Vallecchi’s tredamark drives were there. Fantastic. Awesome. Felt like drove through continents… Kenyan Serengeti to Aussi Outback to Yes of course Middle East (we are there!). Especially loved the first segment of the drive  where we required to do precision ridge riding on long powdery and loose as talcum sand dunes and then race to catch next one, if one were being slow they will loose the sight of the convoy in front. Plus the exploration of completely new areas, that we no one has ever gone before. Thank you very much @Ale Vallecchifor the drive. You will see me many many more dives with you. 

A big shout out to @Gaurav Soni for all the work he put in as the center forward and @Mario Cornejo as sweep for officiating the proceedings.

And who can forget the true recovery agent in today’s drive @JeromeFJ you were great at all times. Kudos to @Rob H the tuner, never shy to get dirty to make cars drive like  race cars, thanks a lot for all the under the bonnet work.  @Thomas Varghese was an amazing 2nd lead, and after missing both the drivers between i and him, I could see first hand how well he managed everything. He sure looks like the go to 2nd lead, as it is my second drive back to back as him being the second lead. Never shy to explore the surroundings- he was in tight control of the lead following him everywhere, even when asked not to. 

All in all a fantastic drive as usual and thanks everybody who participated in today’s drive, @Sunil Mathew, @Russ, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, And @Rawad - hope to see you soon buddy- and all of the the Saturday morning gang. 

@Looper Completely agree with you. Following @Ale Vallecchi as the 2nd lead is no easy task. He keeps on driving on and on. We don't even get a second to take our eyes of him. If you do he is gone. The pace was excellent. Please understand I got to keep an eye on the convoy behind me also and make sure everybody is following us. @Sunil Mathew did a good job of following me and everybody likewise. Lost count of how many kilometers we have driven altogether. Didn't even get to take out my camera for a moment. I love these drives by @Ale Vallecchi. Brings out the best in everybody. After getting home and hitting the bed I could open my eyes only now. My passenger is amazed by the drive we had. Seem like Carnity is getting a new member soon. He agreed to my perception of the drives. Once we are in the desert we forget everything of the regular life. Even though it was an IM drive and all drivers were experienced and the best it was amazing everybody passed the drive track @Ale Vallecchi had charted for us without much trouble - to be precise no trouble except for a couple of occasions. @Humayun Ghias who missed the drive due to alarm issue ought to be cursing his luck. As you mentioned @JeromeFJ has really learned the art of desert driving very well in his FJ. I remember his newbie drives when he used to get refusals and stucks. He has really matured into a desert driver. Proud of his determination and grit. Great going buddy. I can't comment about the tail end of the convoy as I couldn't see that far in my rear view mirror but the radio silence meant all were enjoying and doing good at the back.

Looking forward to see all of you soon in the sands for another drive. 

9 hours ago, Rawad said:

Guys recovery is on its way sent by the insurance. I will drop it at the agency

Thank you all for waiting, hope you can still enjoy the rest of the drive

@Rob H I owe a beer man. Really appreciate your help. Ur awesome

Hope to drive with you all soon.... if I dont loose a kidney to fix the car tho  😅😅

Hope you could resolve the recovery issue soon. Didn't have the heart to leave you at the tarmac. Wishing a speedy recovery to your car and my get well soon wishes to your Y 62. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

36 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Looper Completely agree with you. Following @Ale Vallecchi as the 2nd lead is no easy task. He keeps on driving on and on. We don't even get a second to take his eyes of him. If you do he is gone. The pace was excellent. Please understand I got to keep an eye on the convoy behind me also and make sure everybody is following us. @Sunil Mathew did a good job of following me and everybody likewise. Lost count of how many kilometers we have driven altogether. Didn't even get to take out my camera for a moment. I love these drives by @Ale Vallecchi. Brings out the best in everybody. After getting home and hitting the bed I could open my eyes only now. My passenger is amazed by the drive we had. Seem like Carnity is getting a new member soon. He agreed to my perception of the drives. Once we are in the desert we forget everything of the regular life. Even though it was an IM drive and all drivers were experienced and the best it was amazing everybody passed the drive track @Ale Vallecchi had charted for us without much trouble - to be precise no trouble except for a couple of occasions. @Humayun Ghias who missed the drive due to alarm issue ought to be cursing his luck. As you mentioned @JeromeFJ has really learned the art of desert driving very well in his FJ. I remember his newbie drives when he used to get refusals and stucks. He has really matured into a desert driver. Proud of his determination and grit. Great going buddy. I can't comment about the tail end of the convoy as I couldn't see that far in my rear view mirror but the radio silence meant all were enjoying and doing good at the back.

Looking forward to see all of you soon in the sands for another drive. 

Hope you could resolve the recovery issue soon. Didn't have the heart to leave you at the tarmac. Wishing a speedy recovery to your car and my get well soon wishes to your Y 62. 

You have no idea how much I was looking forward to the drive. I've been told off in my house; that missing a drive is not their fault 🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

As anticipated by the awesome @Rob H, the sensor was damaged. Changed it at the same garage that forgot to tighten its bracket bolt, and returned the gear motor to its original position, and all systems are now operating normally

Thank you all for your patience today. I really enjoyed the short period I spent in that area

until we meet again🤙🤙

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 7

Another signature drive by @Ale Vallecchi this morning. Personally, I love it ! A great variety of terrains, beautiful scenery, wildlife, and a real desert route that you can see on a map, with a starting point and a destination. And all these long range drives put together start building our own UAE desert map. Even if not that difficult, there were some tricky parts, and keeping the concentration and focus during the length of the drive, navigating through the vegetation or on top of the ridges required our full attention. I did not take my camera out !

Thank you @Thomas Varghese for the 2nd lead, very efficient, @Gaurav Soni for the support, and @Mario Cornejofor the sweep, @Rob H for the assistance, @Russ, @Looper, @Sunil Mathew for the company. Always a pleasure to drive with all of you. @Rawad, I hope the troubles will be solved with not too much issues.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use