•  
Advertise here

JL Sport Plastic Bumper Replacement Options

Looper

Having broken my rear plastic bumper 3 times I have a very clear idea what needs to be done. Though I got a Mopar Rubicon steel bumper, if some one asks me now, I'd say go for the AOR metal bumper for its economy and the fact that it takes the parking sensors plus it looks very much like the stock metal bumper.

Now coming to the front; I want to put a winch on my car. Clarification: its not need, its a want. Since my plastic bumper wont take one, I have to upgrade it. I am in a conundrum, should I once again go for Rubicon metal bumper for around 6k or buy a AOR Metal Bumper + Warn Evo 10 Winch for the same cost?

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumper + winch done. 

44E3C5AA-55F1-4E1E-874D-A4414E6D83B1.jpeg.80566a8753e38ee643b2cd0b03e4f074.jpeg

New question - Warn asks for new winches to have set up for the use of winch by completely unwinding the rope and re winding it in tension. Any advice on how to do it? I don’t don’t know any place where I can do it. 

• Like (+1) 5

56 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Stupid advice alert: subscribe to the 4x4 Ultimate Challenge by @Gaurav. You will have plenty of opportunities to settle your winch :D

Btw, beautiful bumper ! 

Stupid advice taken; well taken - already applied. 🤣

Edited by Looper

18 hours ago, Looper said:

New question - Warn asks for new winches to have set up for the use of winch by completely unwinding the rope and re winding it in tension. Any advice on how to do it? I don’t don’t know any place where I can do it. 

All winch coming from factory has perfectly stretched and wrapped winch line on the drum, that is mostly impossible to achieve that level of factory perfection with the steps they are describing above.

Above video refers to the winch rope bought separately and not for the one that comes pre-installed on winch from factory. Please double check with warn again, if they recommend doing this for all new Winches too. Highly unlikely.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

When i purchased my winch, i unrolled the rope completely, and with the help of wifey just applied some tension to the rope while she was traversing it (to ensure it is well covered across the spool). Takes only a couple of minutes and is the same procedure as you would do in the desert to spool it up again.

Below a Basics of Winching Tutorial:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I didn't watch the video.  But when I replaced my winch line I used a second car on neutral on a flat surface and on tarmac to provide the right amount of tension.  It took me 5 minutes tops.

A private street or a secluded parking place can serve the purpose.

• Like (+1) 1