•  

Walkie Talkie Static and Interference

Frederic

Thanks Fredy for this post, every drive I have people whose radio have lots of interference, now I know where to guide them.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks so much for posting a unique topic on this @Frederic. I’ve struggled a lot with my Baofeng UV-5R on drives - including ours this weekend and once during a live recovery in which I was being assisted by @Niki. I use the squelch as much as I can when it gets bad but I fear it may be time to get a different handset soon if this continues.

Edited by munkybizness

6 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

Thanks so much for posting a unique topic on this @Frederic. I’ve struggled a lot with my Baofeng UV-5R on drives - including ours this weekend and once during a live recovery in which I was being assisted by @Niki. I use the squelch as much as I can when it gets bad but I fear it may be time to get a different handset soon if this continues.

Try using the headphones provided with the handset which will make it much easier to hear. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Try using the headphones provided with the handset which will make it much easier to hear. 

The issue is "noise and static", the headphone has nothing to do with this.

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

I tend to suffer with this @Frederic (I have the Baofeng). For me sometimes a simple fix is moving the radio away from the vicinity of the centre console as it is often worse there. 
Thanks for the hack on the SQL limit! 

Yes, i have the same problem and only on Channel 3 if i bring my radio closer to the glovebox compartment. If i keep the radio around my neck it seems to be fine.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

15 minutes ago, Frederic said:

The issue is "noise and static", the headphone has nothing to do with this.

Yes, i have the same problem and only on Channel 3 if i bring my radio closer to the glovebox compartment. If i keep the radio around my neck it seems to be fine.

I didn't say the static will go with the headphones. I only said u maybe able to hear more if you use the headphones rather than the speakers of the radio. The speakers provided for the radio add more woes than making you hear clearly as these speakers produce blurred sound. Cheap speakers. 

Motorola cost 150

Kangda cost 300

Not much for trouble free drive experience with better range, battery life and clarity of comms.

Thanks Fredy for introducing me to Kangda, so far it's amazing since almost a year now.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just now, Alex Raptor said:

I have been trying the radio around my neck, but for some reason it makes my beard grow faster???

That's OK, we have heard this happening before. I recommend putting on a tin foil hat to guide the electromagnetic interfence away from you and direct it upwards so it can travel back to the nearest Etisalat antenna.

• Haha (+1) 9

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use