•  
Advertise here

Mitsubishi Pajero control arms replacement is needed with suspension upgrade?

I am planning to change / upgrading the suspension with 2inch lift.. the current OEM’s :have taken enough beating and started to leak! 
Some are suggesting to replace the control arms as well…

can anyone guide on what things to look out for? @Gaurav @Frederic @Wrangeld @Srikumar

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 3

Changing of control arms depends from car to car. In my XJ I am running on stock control arms with a 3 inch lift.

@Vanessa8580 has lifted her car with spacers and also widened the stance. I think she is running on stock arms. Tagging @Frederic as well. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Upgrading to an aftermarket UCA is usually required when you install a lift kit that is more than 2" to correct the wheel allignment. The second  reason is to allow for more wheel travel. I find it as a good idea to upgrade the UCA when upgrading the suspension. My next upgrade would be upgrading for offroad suspension to take bumps at faster speeds, don't see a real need for a lift yet.

• Like (+1) 4

I also have 2 inch suspension spacers, with stock arms, the only issue is the wheels alignment that is causing imbalance tire consumption. nothing to the driving experience.

Since you are upgrading the shocks, surely you expect to pass the humps with higher speed, then you better change a stronger and longer ones to match the part of shock that the arms will absorb, and fit the alignment requirement.

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Changing of control arms depends from car to car. In my XJ I am running on stock control arms with a 3 inch lift.

@Vanessa8580 has lifted her car with spacers and also widened the stance. I think she is running on stock arms. Tagging @Frederic as well. 

Nope it’s not lifted, only wheel spacers for wider stance.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."