Ultimate 4X4 Testing in Sand

Gaurav

Ultimate 4X4 Testing in Sand  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote how you like to participate

• I want to test my 4X4 and skills to MAX
    • I'm happy to join with my winch

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thank you everyone for such an amazing response of 24 people interested in less than a day.

Few things to consider and realize by yourself before signing up for this drive (whenever we open).

1. THIS IS NOT A REGULAR DRIVE, rather there is NO DRIVE but just a place to test your 4X4 (max power) + your off-roading skills.
  2. It will be strictly for Intermediate and above level - without any exception (for safety reasons).
  3. If with your present car capabilities and your off-roading skills you have scaled - Faya from center or from the right side - MULTIPLE TIMES + EVERY TIME then only you sign up for this drive. If you have sometimes scaled and sometimes failed, then there is clearly no point for you to sign up with such a high-risk attempt (explained below).
  4. IT IS NOT A FUN DRIVE, but a super cruel day out where you will witness some extreme action but expect to pitch in with A LOT OF PHYSICAL TAXING ACTIVITY for a whole day than sitting in 22 degrees aircon.

Just for the reference in such extreme activity, your car power to weight ratio is SUPER PRIME, no matter what you believe and what your friends or car manufacturers BRAGGGGGGGGED. Keep it real for your safety.

My car has/had 225 hp on 1.8-ton weight = 125 hp/ton and still, I failed miserably after consecutive attempts by using every trick I know in off-roading with over a decade of experience. Bottom line no one can fool the power-to-weight ratio whether you like reading this or not, that's a fact.

With 125 hp/ton I still used a 50-meter uphill pull means that anything above 150 hp/ton (check your stats) should be a worthy contender to test this extreme side.

RISK INVOLVED:

• We definitely need an equal number of the winch as per the total number of participants.
  • Each winch uphill pull will take 1-2 hours easily, draining a lot of battery and winch pulling power eventually.
  • After consecutive use, the winch fuse and switch do fail as they are rated for certain amperage.
  • We have not tested stock tow points to take that level of load uphill, as in my car, winch has been installed on 4X thicker cross-member than chassis that dragged me uphill.
  • If your stock tow point or all the winch fails, you might have to leave your car in that bowl.
  • Calling AAA to recover will cost in excess of 3000 - 5000 dhs, as it's really far from Dubai.

Keeping excitement and thrill aside, I just want to show you the realistic side that you should be aware of and be prepared off before signing up for this.

• Ref to point 3 above for quick self-check.

Wow! Enthusiasm quickly turned into bitter realism😫😫😫. I have to join the queue of people bailing out, my FJ’s power ratio is not good enough without major upgrades…I’d like to join as spectator/wincher, but I still haven’t installed a winch, so now I have an excuse😂

• Haha (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Christian Andras said:

Wow! Enthusiasm quickly turned into bitter realism😫😫😫. I have to join the queue of people bailing out, my FJ’s power ratio is not good enough without major upgrades…I’d like to join as spectator/wincher, but I still haven’t installed a winch, so now I have an excuse😂

Every wincher will have a chance to try (if they like) as winch are mounted on center cross-member and no risk of failure. Secondly wincher can coordinate the gas pedal and winch pull better to minimize the load on winch.

P.S. Please not we are still not promoting any winch brand or installer ;-) 

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I change my status from contender to photographer after reading @Gaurav's technical report. I understood I may have to leave my car as a sacrifice to the desert sand if I get down into the bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m trying, I’m trying!!!

10 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Mario Cornejo @Niki @PaoloMaraziti maybe you can reduce the weight (for the car off course) by removing unwanted stuff like passenger and rear seats... 😜

41BEA796-8BAF-4ECB-9650-16AD9875A7AD.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 6

50 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

If you have tested this power + your skills to climb Faya - from center - every time.

@Gaurav the car power has been tested in Faya, but it has been long since the last time I tried. 

Also, if memory does not fail, climbing became a bit harder after changing wheels and tires (same specs, but heavier compared to stock).

Anyway, shall give a try at Faya and will comment later!

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Just now, Mario Cornejo said:

@Gaurav the car power has been tested in Faya, but it has been long since the last time I tried. 

Also, if memory does not fail, climbing became a bit harder after changing wheels and tires (same specs, but heavier compared to stock).

Anyway, shall give a try at Faya and will comment later!

Correct, right way to go Mario, as wheel or tires weight plays a very big role in climbing capabilities.

• Like (+1) 2

I love how you threw the bait @Gaurav and got all the big fish on the hook.. and now popcorn prices are sky rocketing 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

I love how you threw the bait @Gaurav and got all the big fish on the hook.. and now popcorn prices are sky rocketing 🤣🤣

I also realize this today afternoon, after seeing sudden 24 people interest.

It started with yesterday casual conv with Lawrence and similar conv Sri had with Niki, so we thought lets take some interested guys to show the place to test their cars.

Never knew it gonna go out of hand, so soon.

• Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

And limiting seats on the popcorn-terrace  he has us scrambling to instal winches just to qualify as support.  Google searches for winches + Dubai just topped daily stats!  

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use