•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 30 Oct 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Drive Brief
Get ready to explore low level star shaped dunes in the glorious red sands of Tawi Nizwa. These wonderful dunes offer the opportunity to practice some more advanced off road driving skills and perhaps some steep climbs. It is the perfect training ground for mightier dunes that lie just across the road. 

Sweihan.jpg.abb54ce093f3db42717b09e3afe5c3ef.jpg

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to read the below information and strictly follow the guidelines in order not to jeopardize anyone's health, and to ensure safety on drives.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above (All Levels)

When:  30th October 2021, Saturday

Meeting time: 03:00 pm (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/hJyBe99yh1Lsfy6F7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you. This week is going to be an epic week for me. 3 drives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

Good morning fellow adventurers,

The weather is cooling and the red sands of Tawi Nizwa await! I hope today to finish at Big red via Pink Rock, I call it cowboy country as it resembles something from the Cowboy films I watched as a kid.  Here's hoping we have a convoy full of big chiefs, Haha 

It's a great training ground for some more advanced driving skills in relatively safe dunes, but as ever the drive is dependent on the entire convoy in terms of everyone's 'comfort levels'. I'll push you, but only if you allow 😜

YALLA!!!

Meet @ 1500hrs                 Radio Channel 2 (two) 446.031

@Foxtrot Oscar

Black Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@Looper

Yellow SWB Jeep

Int

2nd Lead

@Gertjan

White SWB Prado

NB

3rd

@Marky B

Black SWB Jeep

NB

4th

@GratefulKRD

Silver Rubicon

NB

5th

@Manish Kashyap

Blue Raptor

NB

6th

@Hisham Masaad

Black FJ

Adv

CF

@jeetu sharma

Pajero

NB

8th

@Alexanderrr

Gold LWB Pajero

NB

9th

@Alfred Alinazar

Black LWB Pajero

FB

10th

@Daniel Rodas

White Pajero

FB

11th

@Rawad

Blue Y62

Int

Sweep

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

any chance I can join? 

Just now, Thomas Varghese said:

any chance I can join? 

sorry too late. Disregard my request

Drive Report

We started off with a nice short climb into the dunes, and then moved around the low gentle slopes as we made our way to Pink Rock and with only one or two refusals in a challenging route then I knew this Newbie convoy was ready to climb Pink Rock.  One by one we went up with only two reattempts as @Daniel Rodasand @Alfred Alinazar sussed out what their Pajeros could do.

As we left Pink Rock I took the opportunity to talk about the dunes that lay ahead, low , sweeping curves…..yummy. With the convoy happy to give it a go we took those dunes , gently and smoothly and then found the delicious dune that allows you to make your way down, steep, controlled and wonderful to see as everyone manage it with zero issues.

I did increase the challenge as we moved through the dunes and we had a couple of minor refusals as we went along. As to be expected. The shovel nor the rope was used in this challenging terrain is a credit to the convoy and to the support team for talking everyone through self recoveries and of course the drivers for listening to instructions.

As we headed towards Big Red Alfred announced his engine light had come on, we tried to resolve the issue but to no avail. With time not on our side , I decided it was best to exit the convoy as we were still some way from Tarmac. We took a gentle route to the closest exit point and inflated.

I was very impressed with everyone in the convoy. @Gertjan had a very good drive, with very few issues @Marky B and @GratefulKRD likewise dealing with refusals you had with ease. Well done @Manish Kashyapfor handling your raptor in some tight spots. Shout out to the Pajero Posse at the back who @jeetu sharma @Alexanderrr@Alfred Alinazarand @Daniel Rodas who all handled the sands well and again got themselves out of trouble by listening to and following instructions.

Many thanks to the excellent support today, to @Looperr for being a great 2nd lead to @Hisham Masaad who was always there to talk everyone through tricky spots and to @Rawad who swept everything at the back and kept the convoy going.

Thanks again to all of you for indulging me as I led you through Cowboy Country, it’s a pity we had to finish a little earlier than planned, but we never leave anyone out there. @Alfred Alinazar I it’s an easy fix.

Until our next adventure.

P.S. If you wish to ask for promotion you can do so via here 'Offroad club' - Offroad Promotion' https://carnity.com/support

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Foxtrot Oscar, once more an excellent drive under your leadership! I do need to get used to the less powered V6 and today i did get to finesse the pink rock climb, i learnt what works and what doesn't. Need to do more of that. Cheers!

Edited by Daniel Rodas
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use