•  

Night Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 27 Oct 2021

Chaitanya D

Hi @Chaitanya D, I just wanted to ask for your advise, this would be my 8th drive in desert, and first proper at night, depending on the track and difficulty of drive, is it safe to come with my wife. 

Thanks

ijaz

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, qaiser ijaz said:

Hi @Chaitanya D, I just wanted to ask for your advise, this would be my 8th drive in desert, and first proper at night, depending on the track and difficulty of drive, is it safe to come with my wife. 

Thanks

ijaz

They are welcome.

Do advise to check they dont feel motion sick in the dunes. Better to wear full trousers, covered shoes and not to  come out near bushes to avoid creepers /bites in the dark.

More information in the link below

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2021 at 9:57 PM, Looper said:

I was in a meeting and obviously wasn’t expecting a drive notification to pop out and couldn’t see the notification till much later. For the weekend drive notification I have setup an alarm at 6:51 which I snooz  for 9 min that way almost never miss a drive. Obviously weekday drives can’t be planned much ahead in time but giving an heads up or bunching them together to be released at specific day/time would be great. 

Will consider and discuss internally if we can schedule a time for the announcement of weekday drives.

But frankly speaking, with leads from various backgrounds and work patterns, some might get to know their free schedule in a short span of time during which they intend to post a weekday drive. Hence the variation in announcement of weekday drives.

TIA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, Chaitanya D said:

Will consider and discuss internally if we can schedule a time for the announcement of weekday drives.

But frankly speaking, with leads from various backgrounds and work patterns, some might get to know their free schedule in a short span of time during which they intend to post a weekday drive. Hence the variation in announcement of weekday drives.

TIA

Thanks a lot, I do realize that it is most difficult to plan much in advance. Thanks for bearing with my rant. 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

16 minutes ago, hasan hamadeh said:

I can help. I have snatch rope soft shackles and xtracs boards.

As per my knowledge xtracboards are not used in our drives. 

1 hour ago, Craig Finlayson said:

Hi @Chaitanya D… I’d be happy to provide support for the drive if you want me there? 

Hi @Craig Finlayson. I will keep you posted . Thank you

53 minutes ago, hasan hamadeh said:

I can help. I have snatch rope soft shackles and xtracs boards.

We will ask for it whenever needed. Thank you

looking forward to my debut night drive!

This relates to my motivation to join a offroad club:

A week before my Absolute Newbie, I was with friends in Fossil Rock area, and struggled to find the way out as the sun started to come down, God blessed us that we eventually reached pylon just 10 mins before the complete darkness, but I was totally terrified that we definitly wouldnt make it out of desert in darkness

Right after I joined the club, I installed a small 20 inch light bar and replaced with brighter LED fog lights just for my sense of safety. and here I am, to test that if the lighting is sufficent.

22 minutes ago, Chinthaka Ruwan said:

Those are totally useless as per my experience 

It looks sexy as decoration on your roof rack :P @Chinthaka Ruwan

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use