•  

Night Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 27 Oct 2021

Chaitanya D

8 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

looking forward to my debut night drive!

This relates to my motivation to join a offroad club:

A week before my Absolute Newbie, I was with friends in Fossil Rock area, and struggled to find the way out as the sun started to come down, God blessed us that we eventually reached pylon just 10 mins before the complete darkness, but I was totally terrified that we definitly wouldnt make it out of desert in darkness

Right after I joined the club, I installed a small 20 inch light bar and replaced with brighter LED fog lights just for my sense of safety. and here I am, to test if the lighting is sufficent to me.

It looks sexy as decoration on your roof rack :P @Chinthaka Ruwan

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie you should have accompanied us to Sweihan to recover @Shaaz Sha's disabled car in total darkness last week. No special lights, no idea where we are going, no idea if we can even locate the car, no idea once we got the car repaired if we will reach the exit. It was fun. We accomplished all the tasks and came out and headed back home. The dunes of Sweihan rose like the Great Wall Of China, formidable and unscalable. Unfamiliar territory. The club Carnity and its able marshals trained us very well to tackle these kind of situations. No doubt about it. I can testify anywhere anytime. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie you should have accompanied us to Sweihan to recover @Shaaz Sha's disabled car in total darkness last week. No special lights, no idea where we are going, no idea if we can even locate the car, no idea once we got the car repaired if we will reach the exit. It was fun. We accomplished all the tasks and came out and headed back home. The dunes of Sweihan rose like the Great Wall Of China, formidable and unscalable. Unfamiliar territory. The club Carnity and its able marshals trained us very well to tackle these kind of situations. No doubt about it. I can testify anywhere anytime. 

It sounds very challenging yet interesting! Let me pass my Absolute newbie night drive first :P 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

looking forward to my debut night drive!

This relates to my motivation to join a offroad club:

A week before my Absolute Newbie, I was with friends in Fossil Rock area, and struggled to find the way out as the sun started to come down, God blessed us that we eventually reached pylon just 10 mins before the complete darkness, but I was totally terrified that we definitly wouldnt make it out of desert in darkness

Right after I joined the club, I installed a small 20 inch light bar and replaced with brighter LED fog lights just for my sense of safety. and here I am, to test that if the lighting is sufficent.

It looks sexy as decoration on your roof rack :P @Chinthaka Ruwan

Only for decoration 🤣 @Zixuan Huang - Charlie

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chinthaka Ruwan said:

xtrac boards  are totally useless as per my experience 

The sand trac has its indications and in some specific situation they can be helpful . I have used them twice personally  with Carnity and they worked like magic. However given the fact of the non flat surface where most of our gliding occurs makes it to look almost completely useless .

044F420D-C752-434E-B172-08973BB1AD2C.jpeg

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 10/25/2021 at 3:14 PM, Chaitanya D said:

@Pacific

@MMansoor

@Looper

@Hitham mohamed

and @Craig Finlayson

You will be added to the drive- do you confirm?

• Like (+1) 1

Dear friends 

Please note convoy numbers for today.

@Gregory, @JAISROCK, @qaiser ijaz, @Hitham mohamed, @Max Beloenko, @Vaibhav, @Daniel Rodas, @hasan hamadeh, @MMansoor, @Pacific, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie , @Looper, @Thomas Varghese @Russ

20211027_152932.jpg.803249d71ba8491632de88e71215094d.jpg

We will use Chanel 1 for radio.

Myself, @GauravSoni, @Craig Finlayson and @Anish S will manage recoveries if any. We will call you out if we need more help. Experienced members will be tested today on churned up tracks at the back of the convoy.

Please deflate to 15 psi for regular tires, and 12 psi if you have all terrain tires. 

Deflator,  compressor,  flag, shovel and a programmed radio are mandatory for this drive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use