•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 29 Oct 2021

Anish S

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie-Plus and above

When: 29 October 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/3fcaGLjtcZRFnunM6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 06:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Gaurav changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 29 Oct 2021

Hi @ayra Shihab, I see that you have no prior experience with Carinty, hence you will need to join the Absolute Newbie drive on Friday morning, if you have prior off experience you can declare to the drive lead during the briefing.

The drive on this Friday seems to be full, but leave your comment in the post, and drive lead may still include you if there are drop-outs

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Hi @ayra Shihab, I see that you have no prior experience with Carinty, hence you will need to join the Absolute Newbie drive on Friday morning, if you have prior off experience you can declare to the drive lead during the briefing.

The drive on this Friday seems to be full, but leave your comment in the post, and drive lead may still include you if there are drop-outs

Charlie - thanks for that. At the moment we have space on the Absolute Newbie drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, ayra Shihab said:

Thanks for comment. Is there any drive aprt from morning. its too early to reach in the morning especially as a newbie

Hi Ayra, 

The thing about off-roading is that it tends to get quite hot unless you start early morning - so the chances of an afternoon Absolute Newbie are limited. If you can drag yourself from your bed there is still space on the Absolute Newbie this week. 

Not sure from where you are travelling - perhaps the AD drives are closer? 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @S Jacob @Charbel @Anoop Nair @Nihal17 @Chris Wing @Pacific @Sunil Mathew

Hello Everybody,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for joining this Fewbie Plus drive. The plan for tomorrow is go through technical dunes for the first half of the drives and second half of long range dunes. Please find the convoy list attached and we will be using Channel Number 3 (446056).

380902828_ScreenShot2021-10-28at10_06_45PM.png.ded21e990f5e9dfee59f224761516a80.png

• Like (+1) 4

Excellent ,great drive with a mix of everything  - technical, long range, good pace.

Its been quite some time @Anish S since i joined one of your drives. I was a regular in all your mid week fewbie drives back in July, and it really was very good to be back in your territory of Lisaily. 

We were driving smoothly and just swooping and flowing through the small bowls, riding the ridges and crossing all the way and having fun.

Minor issues with @Anoop Nair's car  which resulted in the latter half of the convoy exploring a different track from what Anish took , @Charbel's passenger and the final side stuck from our Marshal recovered by a team shovelling and @Veedooshee at the wheel, the drive was pretty uneventful and we had radio silence all along, which i didnt want to break with "all good at the back" announcements, being the sweep!! :-)  We were truly a FB+ convoy and congratulations to @S Jacob for his debut who did really well following tight on @Zixuan Huang - Charlie's 2nd lead lines. 

Was great to drive with @Chris Wing again, hope that piece of wood you found is now neatly resting in your beautiful garden :-) :-) ...sorry to reveal the secret here :-) , hope your tyre is all good and now you know the difference between my car and Anoop's :-)

@Pacific - i believe it was a smooth and easy ride for you as well and it was good to just follow your corrected lines without thinking twice. I have mentally marked the DIY of the half roof rack and 4 way deflator hose....one day..surely!!

TIll we meet again, looking forward and coming back for more...some random clips from the drive

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Anish S Wonderful drive as usual and I can see that Lisaili is quickly becoming one of your favourites!

Technical was challenging, concentration was at the max! great lines and very satisfying going through this technical area. The long range dunes were great as well with some tricky ridge riding. I had a flat tyre at the end which is a recurring issue that I will get fixed before the next drive. 

Everyone did extremely well! @Zixuan Huang - Charliegreat 2nd lead, @Sunil Mathew tremendous help from sweep position, and yes my house has a lot of dead branches now adding to the interior decor :P

@Charbel hope your passenger was better on the way back and will see you soon on the dunes. 

@Pacific @Anoop Nairalways a pleasure driving with you!

@S Jacob you did really well for your first fewbie plus!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Anish SAnother wonderful drive.. It was my first fewbie+ experience and i thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it... 

A good mix of technical and long dunes... both offering its own set of challenges to learn through.. last bit was good teamwork on recovery.....

Most importantly its was pleasure meeting all, some of you for the first time....

Looking forward to the next drive....

Edited by S Jacob
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Very enjoyable FB+ drive with @Anish S's favorite spot Lisaili, where we had a bit of everything, technical, long range, night drive and shoveling. Thank you Anish.

Good job @S Jacob, I never lost the sight of yours in my mirror, no matter technical or long range, you are very capable.

The rest are all familiar friends whom I have been driving with for quite a while, Good to see you all, and thank you being on this drive. @Charbel @Anoop Nair @Pacific @Chris Wing @Sunil Mathew

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use