•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 29 Oct 2021

Anish S

On 10/30/2021 at 12:52 PM, Sunil Mathew said:

Excellent ,great drive with a mix of everything  - technical, long range, good pace.

Its been quite some time @Anish S since i joined one of your drives. I was a regular in all your mid week fewbie drives back in July, and it really was very good to be back in your territory of Lisaily. 

We were driving smoothly and just swooping and flowing through the small bowls, riding the ridges and crossing all the way and having fun.

Minor issues with @Anoop Nair's car  which resulted in the latter half of the convoy exploring a different track from what Anish took , @Charbel's passenger and the final side stuck from our Marshal recovered by a team shovelling and @Veedooshee at the wheel, the drive was pretty uneventful and we had radio silence all along, which i didnt want to break with "all good at the back" announcements, being the sweep!! :-)  We were truly a FB+ convoy and congratulations to @S Jacob for his debut who did really well following tight on @Zixuan Huang - Charlie's 2nd lead lines. 

Was great to drive with @Chris Wing again, hope that piece of wood you found is now neatly resting in your beautiful garden :-) :-) ...sorry to reveal the secret here :-) , hope your tyre is all good and now you know the difference between my car and Anoop's :-)

@Pacific - i believe it was a smooth and easy ride for you as well and it was good to just follow your corrected lines without thinking twice. I have mentally marked the DIY of the half roof rack and 4 way deflator hose....one day..surely!!

TIll we meet again, looking forward and coming back for more...some random clips from the drive

Thanks for the kind words @Sunil Mathew, appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @S Jacob @Charbel @Anoop Nair  @Chris Wing @Pacific @Sunil Mathew

Hello Everyone,

I hope u had a good rest and your week has nicely started. Thank you everybody for joining the drive and Thank you so much @Sunil Mathew for a complete drive report and video as usual and also for being a good sweep during the drive.

I was blessed to have a nice team on this drive where all of you has great team spirit and are fantastic drivers. I drove with all of you previously in numerous occasions and your growth is just amazing. I was really delighted to see how you all of you were exceptionally supportive and pitched in to help to shovel on both occasions when @Anoop Nair and I got stuck in similar positions. This one of the most important mindset that is needed in this sport and i highly appreciated that.

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie had the toughest job as second lead especially in the technical areas. However, Charlie always exceed my expectation by being very focussed and also ready to execute any necessary changes for the rest of the convoy. It never happened that you missed any instruction on the radio in any of my drive and always open to learn new things and very helpful to the team.

@Chris Wing It was nice to see you after long and i was really glad to see how you were guiding the team where to shovel during the recoveries and was stand by to do a rope recovery. After the drive, I also noticed a beautiful piece of wood nicely placed on the second row, to be honest I initially thought it was a decoration for the car🤔.

@Anoop Nair was little unfortunate with the gear issue, i can understand that it can be really frustrating to have the gear stuck and managing the fear of the gear getting stuck again. Since you were calm and resilient you made it successfully till the end of the drive. Well done and i hope the gear issue will be soon solved.

@Pacific for you it was smooth drive and you drove without any difficulties. Thank you for assisting with the recovery.

Bravo @S Jacob you managed your first Fewbie plus drive very well. You were not far from me so i could see you all the time, you drove perfectly for your first F+ drive, well done👏.

Sorry for you@Charbel, you had to exit earlier but this was the right decision. Safety and health is vital.  However, you conquer the most technical part of the drive, just missed the long range dunes. I hope to see you soon in another drive and i hope your friend recovered after exiting.

Thank you to my lovely co pilot @Veedooshee for the support and especially on this drive for recovering the car when i got stuck.

The drive statistic is below but please note that the first 30 minutes was not recorded.

Screenshot_20211031-202551_2.png.9d0fbc8d219df032f6e7f7f073506e14.pngScreenshot_20211031-202559_2.png.014fdddcdc4b6974d00bec8b9c216abe.png

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

37 minutes ago, Anish S said:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @S Jacob @Charbel @Anoop Nair  @Chris Wing @Pacific @Sunil Mathew

Hello Everyone,

I hope u had a good rest and your week has nicely started. Thank you everybody for joining the drive and Thank you so much @Sunil Mathew for a complete drive report and video as usual and also for being a good sweep during the drive.

I was blessed to have a nice team on this drive where all of you has great team spirit and are fantastic drivers. I drove with all of you previously in numerous occasions and your growth is just amazing. I was really delighted to see how you all of you were exceptionally supportive and pitched in to help to shovel on both occasions when @Anoop Nair and I got stuck in similar positions. This one of the most important mindset that is needed in this sport and i highly appreciated that.

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie had the toughest job as second lead especially in the technical areas. However, Charlie always exceed my expectation by being very focussed and also ready to execute any necessary changes for the rest of the convoy. It never happened that you missed any instruction on the radio in any of my drive and always open to learn new things and very helpful to the team.

@Chris Wing It was nice to see you after long and i was really glad to see how you were guiding the team where to shovel during the recoveries and was stand by to do a rope recovery. After the drive, I also noticed a beautiful piece of wood nicely placed on the second row, to be honest I initially thought it was a decoration for the car🤔.

@Anoop Nair was little unfortunate with the gear issue, i can understand that it can be really frustrating to have the gear stuck and managing the fear of the gear getting stuck again. Since you were calm and resilient you made it successfully till the end of the drive. Well done and i hope the gear issue will be soon solved.

@Pacific for you it was smooth drive and you drove without any difficulties. Thank you for assisting with the recovery.

Bravo @S Jacob you managed your first Fewbie plus drive very well. You were not far from me so i could see you all the time, you drove perfectly for your first F+ drive, well done👏.

Sorry for you@Charbel, you had to exit earlier but this was the right decision. Safety and health is vital.  However, you conquer the most technical part of the drive, just missed the long range dunes. I hope to see you soon in another drive and i hope your friend recovered after exiting.

Thank you to my lovely co pilot @Veedooshee for the support and especially on this drive for recovering the car when i got stuck.

The drive statistic is below but please note that the first 30 minutes was not recorded.

Screenshot_20211031-202551_2.png.9d0fbc8d219df032f6e7f7f073506e14.pngScreenshot_20211031-202559_2.png.014fdddcdc4b6974d00bec8b9c216abe.png

This is what I learnt from Carnity....to drive good and help others.

• Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use