•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Big Dunes Challenge - Area 53 - Sharjah - 29 Oct 2021

Hi everyone, 

Sorry for being so silent during the week, very sorry for our wait list, hope to see you all soon 😊

@Javier Lucero, @Chinthaka Ruwan, @Amir Amiri, @Russ, @Rawad, @Ranjan Das, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Thomas Varghese, @Abu Muhammad@JeromeFJ, @Shaaz Sha

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow morning! 

Here the convoy order

Javier Lucero SL Jeep Wrangler
Thomas Varghese   Nissan Xterra White
Alain Canivet-Abikhalil   2020 Jeep Wrangler - 4 door - Silver
JeromeFJ   FJ Cruiser 2021 Grey
Chinthaka Ruwan   Nissan Xterra 2009
Abu Muhammad CF Toyota Sequoia
Amir Amiri   2018 dodge ram
Rawad   Nissan Y62 V8 - Blue
Ranjan Das   Landrover Discovery
Russ   Ford Raptor, LUX, White
Shaaz Sha SWEEP Jeep Wrangler

We are going to use carnity channel 3 freq 446056

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Sad (0) 1

Thank you @Luca Palanca Falsini and @Shaaz Sha for organizing today's drive. Its one of the best areas to truly test a driver's car power as well as his/her ability to stay in focus mode from the entry moment until the exit 

@Shaaz Shayour first lead wasnt an easy task as our drive was a tough one with 3 cars down, and many kamikaze convoys cutting our ways in all dangerous ways possible. You sir handled it all as a pro. For many more to come 👍👍

It was a shame that @Chinthaka Ruwan had trouble starting his car at the entry point, but i guess it was better than facing it in the middle of the trip just like what happened with @Thomas Varghese . Wish you both speedy and non-expensive recoveries

Its worth mentioning how amazing the support team was today with @Abu Muhammad as a CF before his car faced some trouble towards the end of the drive, and then @Ranjan Dassmoothly filling his shoes . And a big congrats for @Russ who joined the support team a couple of days back. You acted as if you've been sweeping since day one bro. Bravo 👏👏👏👏

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @JeromeFJ, @Javier Lucero, @Amir Amiri, and @Thomas Varghese always a pleasure riding with you folks

Until we meet again 🤙🤙

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Luca Palanca Falsini & @Shaaz Sha for a wonderful drive. There is not even 1 bowl in Badayer we have not visited today. Even though it was @Shaaz Sha's 1st drive as a lead it was wonderful. No doubts at all for him where he was going. He was driving as if he knew the place thoroughly. It was action packed from the word go. 

The drive started with @Chinthaka Ruwan's XTERRA sensing it was about to be subjected to extreme torture, gave up and refused to start up. He hopped on to the adventure with @Russ in his F 150. Good for @Chinthaka Ruwan as at least he could witness all the adventure. My X also couldn't cope up with the extreme climbs sometimes and had to be really persuaded with a hard whip to gallop away. @Shaaz Sha guided us safely through extreme traffic in the dunes amid some crazy drivers coming our way with help from @Russ who was sweeping. Everybody drove very well through the entire drive as was expected from an IM convoy. Almost 3/4th into the drive @Abu Muhammad's car got tired of climbing and climbing and became hot with anger and refused to go further. @Abu Muhammad finally gave in to his car's wishes and sadly took him home with the help of @Luca Palanca Falsini & @JeromeFJ guiding him. Abu tried his best to persuade his car to stay but the car wished otherwise. See you soon Abu. After Abu's exit it was my X which refused to go further. After one of the endless high speed crisscrosses my X just stopped running. Looks like something went wrong with the throttle body assembly and is now under repair thanks to the extreme pulls by @Russ to take him to the exit where a recovery was waiting for us to cart him to his garage. Russ is the man and F 150 is the car. What power that car has to pull my almost dead car all the way to the exit. Wish I could buy 1 of that car soon. 

@Abu Muhammad as the CF and @Russ as the sweep did an extremely well support role right from we started the drive. 

As I mentioned before everybody performed almost well to what @Shaaz Sha had in his plans to take us to every dune in Badayer. @Javier Lucero, @JeromeFJ, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Amir Amiri , @Ranjan Das & @Rawad see you all soon to drive another day. It was my honor and pleasure to be in the company of such exemplary drivers and their capable machines. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

My Car starting mortor failed and I put it in the garage. Tomorrow it will be fixed and I'll be able to join with you guys next week. Luckily it happened before entering to the desert. I really tankful for everyone for the support.  I really wanted to participate this drive so I decided to go with @Russ and it was a great experience for me. Just relax and enjoy the drive. Thanks @Russ for the wonderful ride.  @Shaaz Sha it was a tough day in a difficult terrain with lot of other vehicles but you managed to make the drive enjoyable and take everyone back safely.  Hope @Abu Muhammad and @Thomas Varghese your cars will be fixed soon and back on sand again.  Thanks @Luca Palanca Falsini and all friends. See you all soon.     

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Chinthaka Ruwan. My car is ready now. It seems the throttle body motor went haywire with all the hard acceleration. After getting it reprogrammed the car is okay now. Good that it stopped before I created an accident as the whole brake fluid container was filled up with sand after the cap flew away mysteriously. Cleaned the master cylinder, all the brake lines, and the calipers, flushed it and refilled it with brake fluid.  

You should be able to get a 2nd hand starter motor for less than 200 AED from Sharjah BMW road. I replaced mine last week along with an alternator and the driver side power assisted window motor - all for 500 AED. If any assistance required call me on 0552690503. The starter motor doesn't die a sudden death. The symptoms would have been there since some time. Hope the recovery I arranged for you didn't take long to reach you. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Thank you @Chinthaka Ruwan. My car is ready now. It seems the throttle body motor went haywire with all the hard acceleration. After getting it reprogrammed the car is okay now. Good that it stopped before I created an accident as the whole brake fluid container was filled up with sand after the cap flew away mysteriously. Cleaned the master cylinder, all the brake lines, and the calipers, flushed it and refilled it with brake fluid.  

You should be able to get a 2nd hand starter motor for less than 200 AED from Sharjah BMW road. I replaced mine last week along with an alternator and the driver side power assisted window motor - all for 500 AED. If any assistance required call me on 0552690503. The starter motor doesn't die a sudden death. The symptoms would have been there since some time. Hope the recovery I arranged for you didn't take long to reach you. 

Thanks @Thomas Varghese it was a great help. Good to hear that your car is ok 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use