•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Big Dunes Challenge - Area 53 - Sharjah - 29 Oct 2021

Even though I was not able to be part of the drive; after reading your experiences, I felt as if I was there. @Russ, it seems your first day as official sweep tested your limits. However, it seems it was a walk in the park for you. Look forward to driving with you guys soon! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Humayun Ghias said:

Even though I was not able to be part of the drive; after reading your experiences, I felt as if I was there. @Russ, it seems your first day as official sweep tested your limits. However, it seems it was a walk in the park for you. Look forward to driving with you guys soon! 

@Russ was perfect in his 1st drive after being selected into the support team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

What an eventful morning we had!

I had the unexpected pleasure of @Chinthaka Ruwanand his friend after Chinthaka’s car failed to start before we entered the sand - good to hear it’s an easy/cheap fix!

@Shaz Shah it was a great first lead from you in difficult circumstances, as well as the technical issues with a couple of cars, you also had to lead in an area where drivers from other clubs and convoys seem to have little regard for themselves, their vehicles or anyone else around them. I for one was thinking how good it was to be part of @Carnityoff-road club who take those things seriously and where we can all be assured of a safe exit at the end of a good drive!

@Luca Palanca Falsini thanks for arranging this drive and always good to chat with you.

@Thomas Varghese what a morning we had together! So pleased we managed to recover your vehicle to the roadside and was very glad to be able to assist you, it sounds like there is a diagnosis and fix imminent 👍🏼

@Abu Muhammad nice to meet you and hope you get your awesome ride fixed soon.

@Javier Lucero @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @JeromeFJ @Amir Amiri @Ranjan Das and @Rawad great driving and company as always.

See you all soon 🌵

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

48 minutes ago, Russ said:

What an eventful morning we had!

I had the unexpected pleasure of @Chinthaka Ruwanand his friend after Chinthaka’s car failed to start before we entered the sand - good to hear it’s an easy/cheap fix!

@Shaz Shah it was a great first lead from you in difficult circumstances, as well as the technical issues with a couple of cars, you also had to lead in an area where drivers from other clubs and convoys seem to have little regard for themselves, their vehicles or anyone else around them. I for one was thinking how good it was to be part of @Carnityoff-road club who take those things seriously and where we can all be assured of a safe exit at the end of a good drive!

@Luca Palanca Falsini thanks for arranging this drive and always good to chat with you.

@Thomas Varghese what a morning we had together! So pleased we managed to recover your vehicle to the roadside and was very glad to be able to assist you, it sounds like there is a diagnosis and fix imminent 👍🏼

@Abu Muhammad nice to meet you and hope you get your awesome ride fixed soon.

@Javier Lucero @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @JeromeFJ @Amir Amiri @Ranjan Das and @Rawad great driving and company as always.

See you all soon 🌵

The relief is mine @Russ. I was worried if I could take the car out. Knew it was do able but wanted the perfect driver and the car to do it. Well you were the handyman. Thanks for your help in tugging it out. I think we pulled it out almost 3.6km as per my odometer and please its no small feat. The driver of the pulling car and the driver of the pulled car has to think alike and match each others moves like a dance. There was only 1 fear I had, sometimes your pull was little more hard and I was afraid one of our tow hooks may tear off. I think very soon you will master this art too. Its no small feat that we achieved. 

Regarding safety features of @Carnity drives I agree with you 100%. I have never seen any other club follow safety from the 1st line to the last line like our club. Sometimes I feel whole carnity is about driving in the desert safely which I like. That's why I didn't give in to other club temptations and stayed back. 

Once again thank you @Shaaz Sha, @Luca Palanca Falsini, @Russ and @Abu Muhammad for the wonderful experience you gave all of us.  

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Shaaz Sha and @Luca Palanca Falsini for the exciting drive yesterday. @Shaaz Sha for your first lead you have immediately set a serious level with no compromise. Very enjoyable to follow your line through the challenging terrain! You managed to make the maximum use of the possibilities considering the other convoys and cars circling around. 

For us it required our full concentration to navigate through the bowls and ridges, and avoiding the soft patches, every thing you would expect from an IM drive !

Thank you @Abu Muhammad for the support and @Russ for the sweep and assistance, if it was a test for your new role, you passed brilliantly !

@Luca Palanca Falsini, @Abu Muhammad, it was a pleasure meeting you for the first time, @Thomas Varghese, @Javier Lucero @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Rawad @Amir @Ranjan Das @Chinthaka Ruwan , alway nice to drive in your company, see you next week, for the ones who manage to click Sunday evening before 7:01 pm !!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Hello friends ! Well I think you said it all :)

Congrats @Shaaz Sha it was a very challenging, eventful and exciting drive ! I am happy to be one of the firsts to drive in your lead and I hope we were up to your expectations !

Same for @Russ congrats on your first "official" support, even though you've been successfully supporting for a while already.

Thank you @Luca Palanca Falsini and @Abu Muhammad for support and advices, @Javier Lucero for second lead and well done everyone. As someone said above, when we pass across other off roaders, I feel privileged to be part of @Carnity !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Dear All,

My drive description was just humorous. Actually it was one of the best drives I had till now in Carnity. It was fun, safe and quite adventurous. Cars getting mechanical troubles into a drive is not unusual. This is not a drive on the tarmac but inside one of the harshest environments on the planet. The most important aspect of the drive was it was executed with total safety in consideration when crazy drivers in ones and convoys were driving like mad men all over the place. Everytime we encountered a rash convoy we stopped at a safe place and allowed them to pass. In terms of level it was a notch above IM drive scaling each and every dune in Badayer area. The convoy responded very well by doing what was asked of them. Looking forward to more drives like this which will make me understand my car and its abilities more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use