•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 29 Oct 2021

Wrangeld

Hi All, 

Thanks for the great Absolute Newbie drive yesterday. We covered a great track that was not easy and simple. Yes, we had some stucks, but that's totally expected on this type of introductory drive. Myself and @Alex Raptor really enjoyed meeting you all and were impressed in what we saw. 

Also a special thanks to the portable shovel, the fantastic @Danish Mohammad - your assistance was amazing and truly appreciated. 

Some specific feedback from what I picked up:

@Fauzia Parveen - you really needed to get out of the passenger seat sooner. You've learned a lot from sitting there, which is why it was good to have you as a 2nd lead - you understand what's going on in a convoy and what needs to be managed. Your confidence will grow. 

@Imteeaz Goolamhossen - just watching the constant smile on your face the whole drive was an absolute pleasure. It looked like you and your boys are really going to get involved in this new hobby together, and based on this showing, I think that you will be scaling heights soon. Great start, keep it up.  

@Harshad Ashraf - You've got the land cruiser well under control on this showing. I think this was an excellent first drive. Patient, controlled, careful. I like the way you manage the vehicle and the care you take with the long overhangs on the car. 

@VIJAYA KUMAR DOPPA - Apologies for confusing you with Marcin on one or two occasions. You had a few stucks and recoveries where you managed the challenge, some where you needed to listen more closely to what was said. Following instructions is an essential part of the team work. I think that as a beginner, when you have more than one stuck you start to feel guilty and then want to hurry recoveries because you think that you are holding up the convoy. You are not. Everyone is learning, even from what you are doing.   

@Shams Bin Majeed - so glad you got your chance in the Land Rover this week. I think you need to sort out issues around how the gearing works and maintaining the high and low ratios in place as that impacted a few of the stucks during the drive. I felt you have a good control of power and when to use it. 

@Vishal Nair - big black brand new Pajero and it left as beautiful as it arrived, so a great job there. Nice first drive. Well controlled and managed throughout. Keep it up. 

@Kaleem Ur Rahman - once you start to fully appreciate the benefits of the Prado this hobby will bite you and you will not be in a position to escape again. This was a good introduction from you, showing that you will grow in ability efficiently the more you drive. 

@Sibin Nellissery - Our third FJ and at the back of the pack is never an easy place to be. You handled the problems well and in particular the recovery by Alex which could have been challenging. the FJ is a great tool (see other comments here to the owners) and I think you really showed a sensitivity and control to the way you drove. Well done.  

@Claire Adshead - always brave to come on a drive with your other half. Even more so with your monster vehicle. I promise you, as you get more and more experience you'll soon be pressing the 'ludicrous' button. As a first drive you did very well handling the monster and recovering  in the few instances where there were problems and soft sand.

@Waqas Parvez - You indicated a level of experience with other clubs before joining in the Absolute Newbie. Driving at the back I did not get  chance to see as much as I would have liked, but I see that in principle, you coped with everything that was put in  front of you. I cannot ask for anything more. I think you have a command of the basics. You are welcome to apply for a promotion based on self declared experience. Personally, I would wait until I finished a full Newbie drive. Levels are different in different clubs, as are the ways we drive. Experience in some skills might be gained, but ways of working may not. In the end, it's your choice.  

@Belal Aldaour - don't run before you can walk. The FJ is a great car that can give drivers great confidence before they have really learned the basics. Yes, and absolute newbie can be frustrating, because some drivers might not have your confidence or your car, but you need to get all the skills in your hands before you think about faster or more extreme, because without them, at the moment you need them, you'll be unpleasantly surprised. 

@takeshi sobue - We need next time you are out to make sure that the communications are crisper and clearer. That will avoid situations like we had where you cleared a crest far too fast. I think you have all the skills we need in a driver from what I saw, but that comms issue is critical. 

@Marcin Wronowski - unexpected though it was to have you turn up, I am glad we made the decision, and were able to add you in the convoy. You have exactly the right type of attitude to this hobby that will let you enjoy every experience for what it is and make the most of it. You showed good control and capability.  

@Shahid Mehmood - You were also a bit of a surprise package (did not know you were joining) and having an audience the whole drive was probably also a little disconcerting, but you handled the beast with great care and composition. The Y62 is a great vehicle for this hobby and we have a number of experienced drivers with them in the club. There are a number of things to look out for in terms of protecting the vehicle the more you do.

You have all now completed your Absolute Newbie and your next drive will be a Newbie drive. 

If you sign up for WhatsApp notifications, on Sunday morning, there will be a list of drives that will be posted for the following week. Every Sunday at 7pm these drives open up and you can sign in to any drive appropriate for your Carnity rank.

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a MANDATORY requirement.

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

MUST READ: Offroad Club Structure, Levels and Rules

whatsapp.png Carnity Drive Notification

Keep looking at the posts and the site as there are updates all the time.

See you soon in the sand.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank u so much @Wrangeld for your guidance for my first step of the journey of learning , it was a wonderful experience as a driver instead of passenger and i was very excited while driving and i enjoyed it  now i m waiting for the  next drive and to learn more.

@Alex RaptorAppreciate ur encouragement and support throughout the  drive . Thank u so much .

Regards . See u in next drive ......

• Like (+1) 3

Hi @Wrangeld Thank you so much for all your patience, support and guidance which made me to learn a lot and I would love to learn more in future. This drive was really a very good learning and the start briefing (hats-off) was amazing as you covered each and every point required in desert drive, all the information was very  clear and I said to @Fauzia Parveen that you need to follow only marshal instruction and keep in your mind that you are in convoy without husband 😊 

I am happy that finally she agreed to join and willing to learn.... NOW with CARNITY she will not just drive but for sure she will love to drive more and more with lots of fun with learning 🤜🤛

@Alex Raptor ... very well managed keeping the entire convoy safe an together with lots of patience, guidance.... Thank you so much. 

Stay Safe, see you in next drive :) 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use