•  

Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 29 Oct 2021

Srikumar

I have to leave the drive. My car threw the check engine light and won't rev more than 1000 rpm. Got to tug it out of the desert and reach the garage in a recovery. The brake fluid cap flew off somewhere and the container is full of sand 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Sad (0) 4

1 hour ago, Mus_hus78 said:

I see our missing lead @Asif Hussainjoined this drive too 😍….. we’ll call it little liwa drive 

Wow, the heavy weights of Carnity are on this drive @Gaurav @Frederic@Asif Hussain

along with a lot of experience in @GauravSoni @Ruan van den Heever @Mus_hus78 @Zed and @Xavier Treasurer

Fingers crossed for a smooth drive.

I am going to be announcing the convoy number at the meeting point for a change. See you boys at 8:00 PM

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Wow, the heavy weights of Carnity are on this drive @Gaurav @Frederic@Asif Hussain

along with a lot of experience in @GauravSoni @Ruan van den Heever @Mus_hus78 @Zed and @Xavier Treasurer

I am going to be announcing the convoy number at the meeting point for a change. See you boys at 8:00 PM

Heavyweights Josh Now Good GIF - Heavyweights JoshNowGood ...

We are already doing our stretching excercises.

• Haha (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

I know from where this drive will start, but GOD only knows where and when it will end :) 

This is the quote of the day....by far. Totally agree.

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

Ill bring xtra fuel...just in case Sri is very liberal with the gas pedal or we end up in Oman.....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Srikumar said:

2 mini Pajeros, 2 long Pajeros (1 UniChipped), 2 stock XTerras (both offroad trim), 1 naked Jeep with no roof, 1 stock Y62… let’s draw the straw and pick our position Squid-game style 😂

• Haha (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Zed said:

2 mini Pajeros, 2 long Pajeros (1 UniChipped), 2 stock XTerras (both offroad trim), 1 naked Jeep with no roof, 1 stock Y62… let’s draw the straw and pick our position Squid-game style 😂

Thats exactly what I had in mind...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Zed said:

Bwahahaha....not the squid games....

Green Light....Red Light.........BANG

Edited by Ruan van den Heever
  • Haha (+1) 1

Congrats @Srikumar on your 100th drive lead with great style and excitement today.

Thanks to Fredy for revealing the secret at end.

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive, and awesome company with great convoy and drivers.

Hashtag patrol and other images uploaded to the gallery.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Congrats @Srikumar on your 100th drive lead with great style and excitement today.

Thanks to Fredy for revealing the secret at end.

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive, and awesome company with great convoy and drivers.

Hashtag patrol and other images uploaded to the gallery.

Hahaha...

Personally I wanted it to be a special occasion with some good friends, old and new. For that I have to thank @Gaurav @Frederic and @Asif Hussain for joining this drive. It was so good to be driving together after what, 2 years?

Plus when you have the excellent company of @Mus_hus78 @Zed @Ruan van den Heever @GauravSoni @Xavier Treasurer you know that there is going to be loads and loads of laughter.

Regarding the drive of yesterday, it's safe to say that the bulldozer tracks have completely messed up the best dunes of the area. Dodging through that to find some tracks was the whole theme of yesterday's drive which added to the complexity and posed new challenges. Resulted in a few stucks and refusals, which brought out all the shovels and friendly banter as well.

The deeper we went in Sweihan the lesser was the presence of bulldozer tracks (infact we found the bulldozer that was killing the whole of Sweihan), but the few remaining dunes had plenty of cross tracks from other places off-roaders.

But keeping inline with the drive theme we did have our share of ridge riding , criss crossing and some interesting bowls to cross. We did have our play area to rev our engines to the limit.

Excellent driving by all the drivers in what was genuinely a challenging terrain.

Thanks guys and see you soon once again in the sands of Abu Dhabi (not Sweihan).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you @Srikumar for leading the drive, you found a good play area to test uphill and tree-resistance 👍🏻, which was next to Mehmet’s big dune marked by the 2 barbed wires in the middle, but this may be better to see during the day… good call to skip it. For some reason I kept seeing it as Nagrah, maybe cos after midnight and out-of-coffee 😂

Thank you for the:

- spot-on instructions left-right to exit crested situation without any tug by @Gaurav bhai,

- extra lighting, advice, and the exercising muscle power 💪 to push Jeep backwards by @Asif Hussain bhai,

- @Frederic for being great 3rd car and showing me how to keep up and maintain distances in night drive. At times you just forgot there’s a Tank behind you and you left me scratching my head which tracks to choose… good to hone my tracks-reading intuition in split seconds 😅  @Ruan van den Heever’s lights didn’t help except when I’m stopping I can feel like the police car chasing behind me and ready to give a fine 😁 Well this drive convinced me I need amber lights on the Y62 for my own sake next time…

- @GauravSoni for trying to fix the rear bumper, actually we had to unscrew 3 pins and then push it up, we did it before with Pacific with only 2ppl but it was during daylight, so didn’t want to waste time and losing pins in the night 😂

- @Mus_hus78 and @Xavier Treasurer for shoveling during my 2 crested moments, thanks bros 👍🏻

To the person commenting the Bulldozer did a Sidee, well here is video of the culprit in broad daylight doing it 😄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use