•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 29 Oct 2021

Hi Lorenzo, my 6 year old son has started feeling a lil down with a cold etc just now. I am on for sure as of now. But will need to take a final call in the morning once he wakes. I will try to do it as early as possible. In case I cannot leave home then I will remove myself and try to contact 1st waiting list person.

Fingers crossed. 

• Sad (0) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

this RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.c6ae683a13cab7746e75048e79604511.png

@Larry Cadden, @Omar ElGamal, @Patrick van der Loo, @Shyam Menon, @Melenany, @Shantanu Joshi, @Rouaj, @GratefulKRD, @Gerrit Bus, @hasan hamadeh, @Looper, this drive is going to be thrilling and exciting, as we explore a variety of mid-sized and long range dunes around Al Qudra, with the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the landscape painted by the sunset light. On the other hand, as many of you are on your very first drive after the Absolute Newbie experience, this will also be a very demanding drive, requiring your full and undivided concentration at every step, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you, and if they do, especially if you are not sure whether they might suffer from motion sickness.

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz)

Our meeting point will be here, along Al Qudra - Solar Park Road: https://maps.app.goo.gl/uSP6NNtqggKT4DgL7

Should you have any difficulties, you may contact me at my mobile: +971-52-8222224.

See you tomorrow afternoon by :2:00pm (sharp). Please do your best to reach on-time (or, possibly, a few minutes in advance), so we can orderly get ready by deflating / mounting our flags and gather for the briefing as fastly as possible in order to enjoy the maximum duration of the drive before sunset.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shantanu Joshi said:

Hi Lorenzo, my 6 year old son has started feeling a lil down with a cold etc just now. I am on for sure as of now. But will need to take a final call in the morning once he wakes. I will try to do it as early as possible. In case I cannot leave home then I will remove myself and try to contact 1st waiting list person.

Fingers crossed. 

Dear @Shantanu Joshi, sorry to hear the news. I hope your son will be better. Take all the time you need to decide, family first of course. Just drop me a message when you decide.

36 minutes ago, hasan hamadeh said:

sorry guys. can't make it tommorow.

Dear @hasan hamadeh, sorry to hear you'll miss the drive and thanks you for letting me know. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

this RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.c6ae683a13cab7746e75048e79604511.png

@Larry Cadden, @Omar ElGamal, @Patrick van der Loo, @Shyam Menon, @Melenany, @Shantanu Joshi, @Rouaj, @GratefulKRD, @Gerrit Bus, @hasan hamadeh, @Looper, this drive is going to be thrilling and exciting, as we explore a variety of mid-sized and long range dunes around Al Qudra, with the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the landscape painted by the sunset light. On the other hand, as many of you are on your very first drive after the Absolute Newbie experience, this will also be a very demanding drive, requiring your full and undivided concentration at every step, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you, and if they do, especially if you are not sure whether they might suffer from motion sickness.

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz)

Our meeting point will be here, along Al Qudra - Solar Park Road: https://goo.gl/maps/uVvLYUUG6HWARZdd8.

Should you have any difficulties, you may contact me at my mobile: +971-52-8222224.

See you tomorrow afternoon by :2:00pm (sharp). Please do your best to reach on-time (or, possibly, a few minutes in advance), so we can orderly get ready by deflating / mounting our flags and gather for the briefing as fastly as possible in order to enjoy the maximum duration of the drive before sunset.

Hello, unfortunately I can't make it 😔 

• Sad (0) 1

@Lorrenzo Quashie Have some last minute family obligations which might not be able to wiggle out of.  If you can get someone waitlisted to take this spot I would be glad. 
Will check again if no one has taken my spot in the next hour and I can make it will try and make it.

excuse the last minute drop

• Sad (0) 1

@Lorenzo Candelpergher the meeting point is appearing as a place near Damac Hills 2 to me.  You mentioned that its near Solar Park in the post. Can you please clarify. 

image.png.190d7953d4b5688e99ce4db3ae82b5a5.png

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

8 minutes ago, Looper said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher the meeting point is appearing as a place near Damac Hills 2 to me.  You mentioned that its near Solar Park in the post. Can you please clarify. 

image.png.190d7953d4b5688e99ce4db3ae82b5a5.png

Correct meeting point here:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/uSP6NNtqggKT4DgL7

Thanks for noticing. 

@Larry Cadden, @Omar ElGamal, @Patrick van der Loo, @Shyam Menon, @Melenany, @Shantanu Joshi, @Rouaj, @GratefulKRD, @Gerrit Bus, @hasan hamadeh, @Looper, pls notice the correct meeting point above. All references to the meeting point have been amended. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Sincere apologies for the last minute cancelation but I have vehicle challenges and will not be able to attend. 

• Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use