Desert Champions Trophy - 2021

Gaurav

TEAM ARABIAN WOLF Alert

Find below the final convoy order:

@JeromeFJ in Second Lead

@Mohamad Anwer at #3

@James Thorn will be #4, and

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe will Sweep.

We'll line up in this order once arrived at the starting point, first row, TO THE RIGHT of the flag poles.

Our confirmed Carnity radio channel will be #2 (446.031).

See you all tomorrow. Have a nice evening. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

TEAM ARABIAN WOLVES, I almost forgot. 

Here is your link to the Carnity Desert Wolves compilation:

As mentioned earlier, a mix of aptly rithmic tunes, from Rock to County, from Disco to Lounge, to accompany and motivate us during our quest tomorrow.

@JeromeFJ, @Mohamad Anwer, @James Thorn and @Jorge Stepniak Felippe,   remember: It's not the destination, it's the journey that matters!!! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

9 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

TEAM ARABIAN WOLVES, I almost forgot. 

Here is your link to the Carnity Desert Wolves compilation:

As mentioned earlier, a mix of aptly rithmic tunes, from Rock to County, from Disco to Lounge, to accompany and motivate us during our quest tomorrow.

@JeromeFJ, @Mohamad Anwer, @James Thorn and @Jorge Stepniak Felippe,   remember: It's not the destination, it's the journey that matters!!! 

Absolutely 💯 we are out there to enjoy the pack journey 

Just now, Mohamad Anwer said:

Absolutely 💯 we are out there to enjoy the pack journey 

Great choice for 🎵

• Like (+1) 3

To all team leads and participant you can ask us any question anytime before 6 AM tomo.

Once event is live, we will restrict the communication for safety and support reason only.

And none of the crew will be able to answer or address any doubts, confusion, to be fair with all participating teams.

• Answering the new concern over WhatsApp live location (few of you have), please try to share "if you can" without compromising the track log. It is used for monitoring purpose only for safety reason. You can even start and stop live location any time without any issues. 
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Have fun guys and gals.. you can’t imagine how tough it is to watch this amazing coordination and spirit from distance .. wish everyone safety and a day full of fun and great memories to hold forever.  Hopefully next time I will be around with you all..

Play safe and enjoy!

• Like (+1) 8

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

All Radio Channel Assigned.

All crew, support team and backup lead will be on Channel 1.

1. Team 1 - Arabian Sand Gazelle - Kailas - Radio Channel 7.
  2. Team 2 - Arabian Wolf - Ale - Radio Channel 2.
  3. Team 3 - Arabian Saluki - Chaitanya - Radio Channel 3.
  4. Team 4 - Arabian Camel - Marjan - Radio Channel 10.
  5. Team 5 - Arabian Leopard - Lorenzo - Radio Channel 4.
  6. Team 6 - Arabian Red Fox - Richard - Radio Channel 6.

I would have thought that each team would take the same channel as team number to facilitate the support team to communicate with each specific team (easy to remember).  hahahaha

No worries.  I will listen to the sweet roar of my engine on the dunes

35 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Thank you Ale for the TEAM ARABIAN WOLVES compilation !

Other teams if you want to use it, we will charge small fee of 15 min bonus time per download !

image.png.7560f5b1c2ef30c91647cc0aff8aaa98.png

No worries.  I will listen to the sweet roar of my engine on the dunes

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alexander Alcala said:
3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

All Radio Channel Assigned.

All crew, support team and backup lead will be on Channel 1.

1. Team 1 - Arabian Sand Gazelle - Kailas - Radio Channel 7.
  2. Team 2 - Arabian Wolf - Ale - Radio Channel 2.
  3. Team 3 - Arabian Saluki - Chaitanya - Radio Channel 3.
  4. Team 4 - Arabian Camel - Marjan - Radio Channel 10.
  5. Team 5 - Arabian Leopard - Lorenzo - Radio Channel 4.
  6. Team 6 - Arabian Red Fox - Richard - Radio Channel 6.

Expand  

I would have thought that each team would take the same channel as team number to facilitate the support team to communicate with each specific team (easy to remember).  hahahaha

But then there are superstition and habits.. 😂 If you'll notice, as far as I am concerned, whenever I can, I am  always on Channel 4 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear team saluki
@Anoop Nair, @Warren Flay, @Matt.T and @Hisham Masaad we will arrange our convoy on the spot.

We will use channel 3 for coms and Radio channel 5 will be our back up if there is a lot of interference.

See you all tomorrow

18 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Daniel Rodas @Werno @Javier Lucero @Zed @Alexander Alcala @Mario Cornejo @M.Seidam @Humayun Ghias @varunmehndiratta @Hisham Masaad @Anoop Nair @Niki @JamesThorn @Ruan van den Heever @Chaitanya D @Foxtrot Oscar @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Tbone @Jeepie @sertac @Asif Hussain @Kailas @JeromeFJ @Bernard Kalaani @Looper @Alexanderrr @Mus_hus78 @Daniel Yang @Wrangeld @GauravSoni @Matt.T @Warren Flay @Ale Vallecchi @Mohamad Anwer @Frederic @Srikumar @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Rizwanm2

Desert Champions Trophy - Final action plan

Meeting time: 06:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/SCJYQgPb6VH2iSqq6

• Arrive and deflate
  • Place vehicle stickers
  • Three stickers for each car
    • Two on rear side glass window (left and right)
    • One on backglass screen on the passenger side (top)

Starting Point: To be sent to trip lead at 6:00 AM, 19 Nov 2021.

Convoy ordering: Once you arrive at the starting point, line up cars as per your team numbers.

Car recording: All car photos and videos will be taken from all sides to verify any damage.

Waypoints distribution: Each team will have 30 minutes from receiving the waypoints to start their drive. All waypoints will be given in printed sheets and through WhatsApp to the trip lead only.

Radio: Channel 1 will be used for all event coordination. Each team can choose use their channel number and announce.

Time Record: Once the team crosses through the two tall flags their time starts and when the whole team returns through the same tall flags, their timing stops. Whichever team completes in the shortest amount of time, will win.

Waypoints approach: There will be 5 waypoints that each team and team member needs to visit and make a circle to mark on the GPS track. Any break in the track of any member log will disqualify the whole team. 5-10 meter variance is acceptable for factoring in the GPS and devices anomalies. After completing those 5 waypoints, each team needs to return to the starting point and pass through the same tall flags to stop their timer.

Time lag: Each team will leave after 5 minutes of the gap to avoid crowding on the first waypoints.

Location sharing: Each team lead needs to share the WhatsApp live location for 8 hours, so we can monitor the progress for safety and verification purposes. The team lead can appoint another team member to share the live location for saving the battery or device usage.

Support team and Backup leads: Two sets of backup leads (4 cars) will be positioned on two different waypoints.

Reporting breakdown: Any car breakdown, mechanical failure or accident need to be reported to any crew immediately, so that we can mobilize the nearest support.

• Gaurav - 050 5258706
  • Srikumar - 055 9567471
  • Frederic - 056 5042632

Refreshments: Breakfast and beverages will be served after each team returns.

P.S. Bring your camping chairs, umbrellas, canopy (if you have) as you might have to wait until all team finishes.

DCT vehicle sticker placement.jpg

DCT - Layout.jpg

@Gaurav can you update the meeting point in the drive thread first post and calendar. Easy for morning starters . Thanks

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use