•  

Desert Champions Trophy - 2021

Gaurav

23 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Some RFIs to the @Carnity Organizers:

1. Can you confirm that ALL Team members are required to record the track or just the lead? If all, we need to make sure all drivers are conversant with GPS tools, including the Fewbie Member.

Yes please, all team members need to record the complete GPS track.

2. Can you qualify what is meant by "tampering with GPS"? What happens if one of the team members fails to record the track, accidentally stops recording or drains the phone battery or has a phone overheating issue? Are all individual team member tracks going to be handed to the Organizers at the end of the drive?

Tampering means, transferring tracks from one device to other, OR editing, merging, splitting the actual event track is completely prohibited. As GPS tracking is the only means to verify so we request all teams for their full compliance, please.

This event is not a carnity regular drive and an event to identify "CHAMPIONS" so we expect a champion-like performance without any negligence, excuses, or accidents.

Mobile battery drain is usually for lead, so others can start recording and switch the screen off and keep verifying after every few minutes.

Yes, all individual GPS tracks of the winning team will be properly verified without any compromise or leniency.

3.  Can you confirm that ALL Team members required to drive a circle around the waypoints or just the lead? This is to plan drive execution accordingly.

Yes please, we need to see the circle on the GPS track to verify that each individual has been to the same waypoint.

The variance of 5-10 meters is acceptable factoring the GPS, devices anomalies, but not 50 meters.

4. There is a starting point from where 5 waypoints are to be reached in whatever order, if I got it right. I'm not clear about the conclusion of the drive: are we done when we reach the last of the 5 waypoints (regardless which one it is as per our route and regardless of the exit point) or do we have to head back to the starting point or any other designated exit point?

Yes, you can cover all 5 waypoints however you wish to target.

After completing all 5 waypoints every team needs to return to the starting point.

Basically, Start and Finish points are the same.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

17 hours ago, Ruan van den Heever said:

What are the rules in the event of a complete mechanical failure of one team member's car? Is the team disqualified? Can that member continue with another team member?

As mentioned in the beginning.

Due to any mechanical failure, breakdown or accident, the trip lead needs to inform any of the crew immediately.

We will mobilize the support team asap with the shortest, fastest track we have marked on this entire area.

Once the support team arrives and verifies the genuineness of the breakdown, then the rest of the team can start to continue the remaining track.

I expect the support team should reach within 15-30 minutes (most likely) but we still mentioned 15 mins - 2 hours, so that this cannot be used as a loop-hole to get rid of the weakest link.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Tampering means, transferring tracks from one device to other, OR editing, merging, splitting the actual event track is completely prohibited.

Definitely understand. Only one question to clarify . Will additional phone or device recording in the same time ( and kept in cool box for example ) is not considering any one of the above mentioned? This is realy important Gaurav as there is no place for me to tolerate on my self to disqualify my team just because battery went off or phone overheating issue . Thanks 🙏 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Starting Point: To be sent to trip lead at 6:00 AM, 19 Nov 2021.

Question 1 - Meeting and starting points being different, the line up as indicated (next to the flag poles) will not be necessary at the meeting point?

7 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Radio: Channel 1 will be used for all event coordination. Each team can choose use their channel number and announce.

Question 2 - can we indicate the team's chosen radio channel here? If yes, I'd like to pick channel 2. Thanks

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Definitely understand. Only one question to clarify . Will additional phone or device recording in the same time ( and kept in cool box for example ) is not considering any one of the above mentioned? This is realy important Gaurav as there is no place for me to tolerate on my self to disqualify my team just because battery went off or phone overheating issue . Thanks 🙏 

I feel like you @M.SeidamI suppose we can record our track on two separate devices in the same car… one out for navigation and other as backup recording kept in cool box!! That’s no tampering!

@Gaurav@Frederic can please confirm!

• Like (+1) 4

Final count down now toward end game .. 30 drivers , 6 teams and one 🏆  …  lets bounce and dance together .. only one team will keep the trophy but all of us will have breakfast 🤣 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

4 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Spare phone is acceptable.

4 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Question 1 - Meeting and starting points being different, the line up as indicated (next to the flag poles) will not be necessary at the meeting point?

Correct, at meeting point all trip lead will receive vehicle stickers from @Tbone

Stick those stickers and deflate and you will get the starting point location at 6 AM on every trip lead whatsapp.

4 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Question 2 - can we indicate the team's chosen radio channel here? If yes, I'd like to pick channel 2. Thanks

Yes please.

Noted: Ale team - Radio Channel 2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

I feel like you @M.SeidamI suppose we can record our track on two separate devices in the same car… one out for navigation and other as backup recording kept in cool box!! That’s no tampering!

@Gaurav@Frederic can please confirm!

Correct, that's not tampering.

As far as phone stays in the same car and doesn't hop on hop off during tricky terrain. But we trust our leads completely for this little loop-hole compliance.

12 minutes ago, Jeepie said:

If we are allowed to pick a radio channel now, we would like to claim channel 10

Noted:

1. Team Arabian Wolf - Ale - Radio Channel 2.
  2. Team Arabian Camel - Marjan - Radio Channel 10
  • Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use