•  
Advertise here

Flag Spec

Mark D

@Mark DolmanI used the AOR suction cup initially but it pretty quickly drove me crazy with how often it would slip and I even had one snap altogether (which they did replace FOC to be fair).

Eventually I went with the plate Alex mentions above on the rear corner of the truck bed and it’s perfect. Just remember to keep all of the bolts that come with the flag when you purchase it as you’ll need those.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Another light weight and good option is a sticky whimps off road flag, comes with double suction cups and light weight flag that holds well. 

I am using this one for almost a year now , super light , easy to handle , no issues ( stick on clean glass and pull ) 

6728AFAE-E877-4018-BE57-92C7B4175E32.jpeg.f0fba0e4f21ea425a17aa445654fa95c.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Luca Palanca Falsini said:

Not really related.. Do we have a way to order our 'own' flag? I am looking for a while an Italian flag 🇮🇹 but not able to find one :)

Have been looking for this option....best input I could get is to get it screen printed ..not really convinced if it will stand the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Hi @Mark Dolman

You can get a AOR suction cup with a flag, which is pretty sturdy till IM drive when it tends to fall off .

Another light weight and good option is a sticky whimps off road flag, comes with double suction cups and light weight flag that holds well. 

Both don't need any mounts , and come with their suction cups.

Friends @Alex Raptor , @Russ, @Dodi Syahdar who drive a raptor, could help in guiding you with regards to flag mounts for raptor

I beg to differ, I don’t know how many AOR flags and suction cups I lost coming through the ranks 

I personally think the AOR flagpole is too heavy for the suction cup .

the flag always starts to slip , even at newbie level 

I had sticky whips too….also a pain in the derrière 🤣

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

I beg to differ, I don’t know how many AOR flags and suction cups I lost coming through the ranks 

I personally think the AOR flagpole is too heavy for the suction cup .

the flag always starts to slip , even at newbie level 

Have to concur with @Foxtrot Oscar.

I've been using the 9 foot plexiglass AOR flag with the single suction cup. While the fit of the cup is solid as long you provide a clean flat surface, after 20 drives, the threads on the suction cup have worn out from the weight of the flag causing stress at the joint.

I've since moved to a fixed mount with a quick release 3-way split flag.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

No doubt a fixed mount will be long lasting and bear the brunt of off roading, especially with a heavier flag pole. One should always tighten the pole with a spanner or wrench, hand tightened poles (especially for the heavy AOR)tend to loosen on the drives which will damage the threads 

@M.Seidamhas used the sticky whimps for quite a long time on all levels .

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Alex Raptor said:

@Mark Dolman few options it can slide between tailgate and body on some.models  or you can get a plate done from several garages that goes in the tie down hole.on the top of the bed rails. 

Thanks @Alex Raptor I’ve seen the ones that go between tailgate and body and that would be preferred.  Will try find somewhere that will fabricate it.  Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Thanks @Alex Raptor I’ve seen the ones that go between tailgate and body and that would be preferred.  Will try find somewhere that will fabricate it.  Cheers 

have a look on instagram for UAE raptors club I have found their recommendations for garages to be good, rightly so we cannot promote a garage on here

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Alex Raptor said:

have a look on instagram for UAE raptors club I have found their recommendations for garages to be good, rightly so we cannot promote a garage on here

Yeah I follow them mate and will have a look.  Will head down DM on Friday and grab a radio and then I’m good to roll!

20 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

No doubt a fixed mount will be long lasting and bear the brunt of off roading, especially with a heavier flag pole. One should always tighten the pole with a spanner or wrench, hand tightened poles (especially for the heavy AOR)tend to loosen on the drives which will damage the threads 

@M.Seidamhas used the sticky whimps for quite a long time on all levels .

Yup lost already one flag as thought hand tightened is good enough..I guess quick release soln! seems better ..been using it only for couple of months so while seems good I hope it will stand the test of time. 

• Like (+1) 3