•  
Advertise here

Flag Spec

Mark D

Hi team. I need to get a flag for my Newbie drive. What’s the normal spec in terms of length and flag size please? Any recommendations where I can get a flag mount for my F150? Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks mate. I tried searching in the forum but couldn’t find anything with the complicated search. 
how about flag size? Any guidelines?

Edited by Mark Dolman
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Mark Dolman said:

Thanks mate. I tried searching in the forum but couldn’t find anything with the complicated search. 

@Mark Dolman Size etc is mentioned in this link by @Frederic. You may have to get a mount from one of the off road garages and they will have a usable mount available. Or else you can use a suction mount but I always prefer a permanent mount for peace of mind.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mark Dolman said:

Pop into Dragon Mart and get a flagpole with suction cup mount. They're all pretty standard re size etc.  Then once you catch the off-road bug you'll no doubt want a quick release flag and have a mount fabricated specifically for your car ;) 

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you! I’ve already got the bug so will head out to one of the 4WD places and have one fabricated. I know what I want and where but can only find it for a Tundra. 
I’m guessing there are no real limitations on flag size? I was trying to find an idea on the actual size of the flag.

Cheers, and hope to see you on a Newbie drive soon!

• Like (+1) 2

Usually min 15 cm x 20 cm to max size of 30 cm x 45 cm is good enough for visibility point.

Anything lower is less visible and anything higher might be too heavy to carry.

• Like (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

13 hours ago, Mark Dolman said:

Hi team. I need to get a flag for my Newbie drive. What’s the normal spec in terms of length and flag size please? Any recommendations where I can get a flag mount for my F150? Cheers. 

Hi @Mark Dolman

You can get a AOR suction cup with a flag, which is pretty sturdy till IM drive when it tends to fall off .

Another light weight and good option is a sticky whimps off road flag, comes with double suction cups and light weight flag that holds well. 

Both don't need any mounts , and come with their suction cups.

Friends @Alex Raptor , @Russ, @Dodi Syahdar who drive a raptor, could help in guiding you with regards to flag mounts for raptor

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Hi @Mark Dolman

You can get a AOR suction cup with a flag, which is pretty sturdy till IM drive when it tends to fall off .

Another light weight and good option is a sticky whimps off road flag.

Both don't need any mounts , and come with their suction cups.

Friends @Alex Raptor , @Russ, @Dodi Syahdar who drive a raptor, could help in guiding you with regards to flag mounts for raptor

@Mark Dolman few options it can slide between tailgate and body on some.models  or you can get a plate done from several garages that goes in the tie down hole.on the top of the bed rails. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1