•  
Advertise here

Car insurance and ESMA

Prior to acquiring car insurance has anyone here had to deal with ESMA (Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology)?

Today I was getting a quote from one of the well known insurance providers in Dubai, the person asked the usual questions about year, make, model, etc, and then asked if the car had been modified.  Well it seems that suspension mods are something this company is concerned about and explained that in order to get insurance I would have to get authorization from ESMA for the mods ... 🙄

I will appreciate your comments, especially if you've gone through something similar.

Thanks in advance to all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

I just called them to find out for my self, and apparently ESMA merged with the ministry of industry and advanced technology, and they now rely on ATCUAE for car inspections. as per my conversation with their CS, they care about emissions, having headers, noisy exhaust, and insanely overpowered setups that are no where near any safety standard

they advised me to inspect the car at ATCUAE center. phone number 042520022

Edited by Rawad
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested to know which insurance company provides a good off road cover? Most of the fine print says there shouldn't be a competitive event happening. I am assuming carnity is not considered as that. 

• 2 months later...

@Mario Cornejo I'm curious to know what happened in the end? 🤔