•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 05 Nov 2021

Frederic

@Jose Thomas

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As this will be your first drive with us, i would like to ask you the following things:

1) Please introduce yourselves a bit: which 4x4 are you bringing, do you have any prior experience, and please confirm that your car has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

2) Please bring at the minimum a pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor to the drive this Friday, so you can deflate the tyres when you arrive, and re-inflate them again after the drive.  If you have an offroad flag, programmed radio, and other equipment already then of course you are welcome to bring them along. 

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Some more useful tutorials:

If you have any questions prior to the drive, you can use this drive topic to post them. We will do our best to help you out.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Karim Alayli

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As this will be your first drive with us, i would like to ask you the following things:

1) Please introduce yourselves a bit: which 4x4 are you bringing, do you have any prior experience, and please confirm that your car has front and rear towpoints that are in good condition as well.

2) Please bring at the minimum a pressure gauge with tyre deflator, and air compressor to the drive this Friday, so you can deflate the tyres when you arrive, and re-inflate them again after the drive.  If you have an offroad flag, programmed radio, and other equipment already then of course you are welcome to bring them along. 

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

If you have any questions prior to the drive, you can use this drive topic to post them. We will do our best to help you out.

12 hours ago, Frederic said:

Good morning,

@Ahmad Mehwi

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

Hello Frederic & Team,
Glad to join this ride.

A short introduction about myself: Father, Husband and Mechanical Engineer as a professional background, and a passionate offroader. 

During my bachelor days, I started offroading with a Wrangler YJ. I did Sand and Rock offroading. I haven't been active for few years. this is this the first one. my kids will be joining me. it is their introduction to offroading.

I will be driving a Nissan Patrol V6. front and rear hooks are in place. looking forward to meeting everyone.   

• Well Done (+2) 1

Hi, I’ve got 2015 Prado, front and rear tow hooks. I’ve been to desert just once and usually driving rwd BMWs in UK rain and not 4x4s. 

ive got old school pressure gauge and valve removal tool, along with an off-road flag. Aiming to pick up compressor tomorrow and maybe a radio ready for Friday. 

should we deflate tyres in the car park prior to 7am, or just wait to be told?

Edited by Rob Soughton

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

@Karim Alayli

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

3) Please watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video with your full attention. This one covers most of the basics and will definitely help you in being more comfortable for your first offroad drive.

Hello All

a quick intro : I am a newbie to off roading and I got my wrangler early this year. I drove it few times in the desert in safe mode. I am familiar with tyres deflating and inflating :)

I have the front and rear tows, the deflators and the air compressor but neither the flag nor the radio ...I will try to order these tomorrow from Amazon though I doubt I will get it before this ride.

See you on Friday.

9 hours ago, Karim Alayli said:

Hello All

a quick intro : I am a newbie to off roading and I got my wrangler early this year. I drove it few times in the desert in safe mode. I am familiar with tyres deflating and inflating :)

I have the front and rear tows, the deflators and the air compressor but neither the flag nor the radio ...I will try to order these tomorrow from Amazon though I doubt I will get it before this ride.

See you on Friday.

Hi @Karim Alayli for your first drive we can provide you with a spare radio, and the flag is only mandatory from your second drive onwards. So nothing to worry.

See you tomorrow !

10 hours ago, Rob Soughton said:

Hi, I’ve got 2015 Prado, front and rear tow hooks. I’ve been to desert just once and usually driving rwd BMWs in UK rain and not 4x4s. 

ive got old school pressure gauge and valve removal tool, along with an off-road flag. Aiming to pick up compressor tomorrow and maybe a radio ready for Friday. 

should we deflate tyres in the car park prior to 7am, or just wait to be told?

The last "Rob" i knew that drove a BMW and was British, was "Handsome Rob" from The Transporter Movie (Jason Statham) 😁

We will all deflate our tyres together at the meeting point, so no need to deflate in the car park. 

See you tomorrow !

DRAFT CONVOY LIST FOR TOMORROW:

image.png.3f943efc7a6888c24698d1844842f063.png

@Ahmad Mehwi @ayra Shihab @Yasin @Jean Jarjoura @Serhat Yalcinkaya @Rob Soughton @Dinesh Kumar A @ahmed salama @Muhammad Qasim @Jose Thomas @Karim Alayli @Mohamed Shawky@Karthik Narayanan@Ahmed Abdelsalam

Looks like we have a nice list of newcomers, all eager to get their baptism in the sand. I am looking forward meeting you all tomorrow !

For the members who have their two-way radio already: Please program it to Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz. For the members without radio we will be handing out a spare one that you can use for your first drive.

Seniors on the drive will be GauravSoni, Jeepie (aka Marjan), and myself. Upon arrival we will be verifying the tow-points on your vehicle and help with tire deflation if you are new to this. 

Please be on time, and preferably little bit earlier so you have time to deflate the tyres and set up your flag (if you have one already).

The plan for tomorrow, after deflating the tyres, is starting with a safety briefing and introduction, and then we hit the sand for some gentle off-roading in the dunes. The aim is for us to get to know each other and understand our emphasis on safety and how we drive in a convoy. We will be exiting near Al Qudra Last Exit by around 11AM.

If you are totally new to off-roading, we would really advise you to come alone without passengers. This will make you more comfortable and focused. If you have some prior offroading experiences, then you are of course welcome to bring passengers along as long as everyone wear seatbelts.

For emergencies, you can reach me on 056 504 2632

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Small note to add:

Upon arriving at the meeting point, when you take the exit from the road, you will need to cross the Al Qudra Cycle Track.

Please be very careful when crossing and give way to the cyclists. This track is very busy in the mornings.

Capture.JPG.9b640e40f55ae54a535a2920313c2c80.JPG

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use