•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Area 53/Around - Sharjah - 5 Nov 2021

Chaitanya D

3 hours ago, Vishal Nair said:

Hello, the map is not opening for the meeting point. 
Is it only for me or others are having the same issue? 
many alternatives?

Link is working

please note the coordinates as below

24°57'35.2"N 55°42'06.8"E.

you can enter these in google maps and drive

@Alex Hollands and @Adam James can you update if you are joining or not?

Dear friends

@Adam James, @Fauzia Parveen, @Vishal Nair, @Marcin Wronowski, @Shams Bin Majeed, @munkybizness, @Sudhanva Sonawane, @frederic demolder, @Goh KP, @Harshad Ashraf, @Alex Hollands and @Rizwanm2

Please note positions for tomorrow.

Mandatory gear required for you to join this drive - Programmed radio, shovel, flag, deflator and compressor without which you will not be allowed to join the drive. I don't carry any spare radios with me.

We are driving in a challenging terrain for a Newbie drive and hence please ensure your cars are in the best of their conditions - all fluids checked, spare tire available with the appropriate wrench for lug nut removal.

Myself, @munkybizness and @Rizwanm2 will manage any recovery if any.

We will used channel 1 for radio communications

image.png.92e72bafebaf85f4e164942123ef84d1.png

See you all tomorrow

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Harshad Ashraf said:

Dear @Chaitanya D, Just bought my radio. Hope i will get some help from team to tune and connect to channel tomorrow.

Drive report

562A14D4-0275-4FF0-BE92-21C2D86B02E0.jpeg

Thanks for joining this drive

Immense thanks to Rizwan @Rizwanm2and Mayank @munkybiznessfor supporting this drive. Having you was a reassurance that all was well in your watchful eyes.  As you all drove really well , most of the issues were sorted with simple shovel and gear changes.

3EF76BCC-4C43-44BB-A93E-2C9CA1A027C9.jpeg

371A50AB-442D-4B39-9CED-98AB915140C9.jpeg

Pajero guys need to sort your transmission heating lights, which come up especially when you push your car and in this Area 53 , you end up doing that due to the challenging terrain. And to add a skid plate or cover at the back so that the rear bumper doesn’t scoop a lot of sand which will invariably come off.

More Info in the link below ( for transmission heating in Pajeros)

Some more information on skid plates for pajero in links below

Driver of the day was @Shams Bin Majeed accepting to do 2nd lead in the nick of time and driving really well. Great to see how you recovered from a side slope with simple shovel and manual “blip blip” crawl.

71362B68-D5FE-4596-AD00-7F91496DA32E.jpeg

@Vishal Nair used his 4L and diff locks to get out of situations , easily done. Hope you get your rear bumper issues fixed .

DAF584B4-4E8C-4EFD-8036-43448A88D6DA.jpeg

@Marcin Wronowski did well except for a smallish dune cross, probably due to lack of momentum or the weight considering the passengers inside your car ( perfectly ok). Why I tell this is even a single extra kilo in your car matters as you progress in your drive levels, and you have to adjust your maneuvering/momentum accordingly.

C125D336-48BF-45EA-A1D1-B35C28C2A7D6.jpeg

@Sudhanva Sonawane did well in his montero, hope you get your flag next time around. It is a mandatory requirement.

18EEC286-808F-4F00-B9EF-5EEB32168C79.jpeg

@frederic demolder welcome back after a hiatus, drove really well considering the soft terrain and churned sands. It is all the driver matter behind the wheel and your experience did the trick for you.

EE2A0085-8A81-49D2-AB3C-1D3308E42F63.jpeg

@Goh KP did well in his SWB pajero. You have a great car and with more drives and experience you will definitely become a better driver on sand. We learn with each drive

11642EC4-2B00-4AC4-B37A-C02637C237B6.jpeg

@Harshad Ashraf was slightly shy of gas in earlier sections, but as the drive progressed you did well considering you were at the back. 

4F235D04-5118-4F43-84B2-DCE1E8EA5AF1.jpeg

You all did really well in this difficult terrain, considering the soft sand and super churned tracks.  Very nice to see your energetic smiles even when you have some refusals and stucks.

Some more pictures uploaded in the gallery 

See you all some time soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

14 hours ago, Marcin Wronowski said:

Thanks for a great feedback , next time I will be less shy of gas on such a crossings keeping momentum as my friend 👏 

My pleasure, I am sure you will improve the next time around. See you sometime soon👍

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use