•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 5 Nov 2021

Wrangeld

Sadly I have to leave the drive as my engine head gasket is blown and coolant is seeping into the cylinders and oil sump. 

• Sad (0) 3

1 hour ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hi  off road enthusiasts. Hope every one is back to ur base safe. Thank you guys for showing up on time. All of us were at the meeting point at around 6.45 , after the briefing and a radio check started to set out, after @Matt.T got us all lined up for the drive.We were all cruising smooth and had plenty of side slopes and nice bowls to play. Despite the traffic and cross tracks we all managed it well to make it enjoyable. You people were all amazing and did extremely well. Being a strong convoy, We had very few refusals and stuck and we made it to the faya area with ease. Thanks to @Wrangeld for organizing  this event and @sertacfor making it possible for me. @sertac, thank you for guidances and advices and for your help in recoveries and refusals. @Warren Flay, you did a magnificent job in your first fewbie plus drive. Your Pajero SWB could make it through without much troubles. well done. @S Jacobhad some refusals and a couple o stuck, which is an inevitable part of this sport.You did keep a positive attitude and kept up the spirit to make faya climb possible. well done. @Charbeldid a wonderful job with your X. I don't think you had any issues and hardly heard you on the radio. keep it up bro. @Gilbert KhalilThe only FJ in the convoy and was an easy peasy for you. Did great al the bowls. keep it up buddy. @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, did a wonderful job as CF buddy. Thank you soo much for your updates from the center and for all your help in recoveries and tugs. great work man. @Tareckwith his ultimate off roader.. the Y62 did amazing.. You did really good to make it through some slopes and pockets where we had a very limited room for a big car to maneuver. Good job. @Pacific and @Werno..guys i believe you had a good day on the dunes.. you guys were excellent at the back and were a treat for the eyes. did great guys. @Matt.T, Did a great job at the sweep buddy. Thank you for all the detailed updates on convoy from behind and did a great job in recoveries. Thanks you guys and see you soon on the sands. Some images in the gallery.

IMG_3484.jpg

@Shaaz Shait was really nice drive ,pretty nice mix of initial bout of technical and then long dunes with amazing convoy, idrive was so smooth and hassle free almost silent on radio....enjoyed a lot. Sorry need to exit early. Shaaz you took convoy like pro....kudos to @sertac. Have great evening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Wrangeld for organising, thanks @Shaaz Sha for leading, thanks @sertacfor 2nd leading, thanks @Alain Canivet-Abikhalilfor CF'ing and thanks @Matt.Tfor sweeping my first drive at Fewbie Plus. I really enjoyed myself and the terrain gave me ample opportunity to experiment with my 'certainly not legal in Sharjah' exhaust... I am amazed at how beaten down and filthy this area of desert has become and it saddens me that people still dump their trash with utter disregard, it is only a matter of time until the authorities start clamping down on EVERYBODY as punishment for these filthy few. If the club does want to run a cleanup drive, I am certainly in. Anyway, rant over, it was a good mix of technical dune driving and some challengingly rutty and well used side slopes. I look forward to going 'home' to Sweihan...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

4 hours ago, Warren Flay said:

Thanks @Wrangeld for organising, thanks @Shaaz Sha for leading, thanks @sertacfor 2nd leading, thanks @Alain Canivet-Abikhalilfor CF'ing and thanks @Matt.Tfor sweeping my first drive at Fewbie Plus. I really enjoyed myself and the terrain gave me ample opportunity to experiment with my 'certainly not legal in Sharjah' exhaust... I am amazed at how beaten down and filthy this area of desert has become and it saddens me that people still dump their trash with utter disregard, it is only a matter of time until the authorities start clamping down on EVERYBODY as punishment for these filthy few. If the club does want to run a cleanup drive, I am certainly in. Anyway, rant over, it was a good mix of technical dune driving and some challengingly rutty and well used side slopes. I look forward to going 'home' to Sweihan...

Liked the idea of cleanup👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Shaaz Sha really enjoyed the drive. It seems I'm a regular at your drives :) We had a very nice spirit all along. A challenging route but very determined crew. Well done everyone !

@sertac glad to benefit from your valuable experience.

@Matt.T great support mate.

@Pacific thanks for your advice.

@Warren Flay @S Jacob @Charbel @Gilbert Khalil @Tareck@Werno very nice to see you and drive with you guys. It was a very lovely Friday morning :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 11/6/2021 at 6:50 AM, Warren Flay said:

certainly not legal in Sharjah' exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVK0frGBw4b/?utm_medium=copy_link

This is your Pajero @Warren Flay ?

sexy 😉

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Yep😂