•  

Morning Intermediate Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 6 November 2021

Islam Soliman

Thanks @Amir Amiri for letting us know.

@Ashok chaturvedi pls confirm if you want to take that seat just opened 

Dear  @Russ @Ranjan Das @Chinthaka Ruwan@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @JeromeFJ @Danish Mohammad @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Sunil Mathew @Humayun Ghias @Rawad

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 7:00am (or before) and be ready to move max by 7:15am (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 2 (446,031)

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all oils, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point: 
24°49'19.0"N 55°46'31.7"E
https://goo.gl/maps/4iohh9HL4kJX5shV7

10- Convoy order

2067496132_OpenMyDrives.png.a1f0bc234581d9df18b08e9831a4684d.png

see you all on the sand 🤩

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hi @Islam Soliman can you confirm the start time for tomorrow, one page says 6am and the other 7am! Thanks

Hi @Russ sorry for this confusion .. it’s 7:00am

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My friend @Islam Solimanas I was going to take my Jeep to fill up the tank tonight the battery died and I couldn’t fix it tonight before our drive tomorrow so unfortunately, for this most unforeseen reason, I won’t be able to join this great group. Really sorry about that and hope you all have an amazing morning 

• Sad (0) 1

Sorry @Islam SolimanIslam sir.. Just saw the message but a bit too late went to a party instead. Wish everyone a safe and fun drive.. Shall be booking again on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Islam Soliman, this drive just made my week ! It was fun, exciting, challenging, rewarding also. You took us through this difficult area with determination and enthusiasm, leading the way through these bowls, ridges, and technical portions.

As usual, you pushed the group to its maximum level, keeping it enjoyable for everyone. And the group responded very well. Thank you all for the ride !

20211106_084037.jpg

Edited by JeromeFJ
Photo
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thank you once again @Islam Soliman for a fantastic drive, such a good route and pace to follow!

Great 2nd lead by @JeromeFJ and perfect teamwork throughout to support the very few incidents that occurred.

@Danish Mohammad @Chinthaka Ruwan @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Sunil Mathew @Ranjan Das @Humayun Ghias @Rawad great driving, and good to spend the morning with you all!

See you soon 🌵

Ps - Pics in the gallery 📷

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Thank you @Islam Soliman, for the great drive, @JeromeFJ for the brilliant 2L and @Russ for the support !!!

With the pre-drive brief itself, Islam had set the tone for the drive, and it felt more like a warning  - "it will be demanding for you as well as your cars..!!! "

and with the days first refusal announced by me, i thought this was going to be a bad day  :-) , but while playing with the 4H/4L selector, i learnt that i was driving in 2WD till that first refusal, so that was my car reminding me to get prepped...

Couldnt do the full height of iftar bowl and super bowl as its not great to keep hearing your bump stops maxing out , due to all the cross tracks, and i decided not to torture the car further :-) 

Couple of places where short and steep climbs were required, bogged me down and at one instance had me slide down into a soft sand bowl, requiring some corrections and choosing the shortest exit line, guided by @Islam Soliman and @Russ 

Another refusal , had me take loops, reverse for longer approach etc, but once i struggled and crossed over, i realized that i was in D and not manual , which obviously resulted in upshifts to 2nd gear at the least prefered moments...so that was another cue from my car , reminding me to drive in tiptronic

Twas my 3rd IM drive, was a wonderful learning experience, getting to know the limits of driver and car, and returning home with lots of points to improve.

@Danish Mohammad @Chinthaka Ruwan @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil  @Ranjan Das @Humayun Ghias @Rawad , good to drive with all of you, see you next time!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

Important Information

Terms of use