•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Return to Faqaa - 5 Nov 2021

Islam Soliman

I was late I arrived at 7:20 and it was not allowed to join.  I wasted two hour of driving for nothing. We are always told we are a team and we work as a team so if someone is late whole team should accommodate. It could have taken me the same time in which the briefing was done deflate  the tires and put the flag. Honestly that’s highly unfair. 

2 hours ago, qaiser ijaz said:

I was late I arrived at 7:20 and it was not allowed to join.  I wasted two hour of driving for nothing. We are always told we are a team and we work as a team so if someone is late whole team should accommodate. It could have taken me the same time in which the briefing was done deflate  the tires and put the flag. Honestly that’s highly unfair. 

Just checking: The rest of the team was there on time and ready to go?

Edited by Kalahari

6 hours ago, Kalahari said:

Just checking: The rest of the team was there on time and ready to go?

When I arrived. Briefing was getting started. 

Thanks  @Alex Raptor @takeshi sobue @Belal Aldaour @Imteeaz Goolamhossen @Ferl Brown@Felix Obst @Joseph Sebastian@Manoj Soman @Shahid Mehmood for making it to the drive today and being a great team through out the morning. It’s was great for me to return to Faqaa after long time and it’s one of me favorite off-road places in Dubai. The beautiful sunrise and the balloons filling up the sky on the way to the meeting point were a great start of the day, weather was amazing with cool breeze all the time until we existed and we enjoyed the Oryx group and the Gazelles on the way too.. what more can I ask for.

Gliding along the long range dunes spread across the whole area, we almost touched all what came through our way and you guys did great managing your tails on slow speeds.

straight crossing from very short baby to high dunes at the end was something that I also believe you almost mastered after doing them over and over and learning from the mistakes.. bravo 👏 👏 

thanks to all of you and looking forward for driving with you soon.. specially thanks to @Alex Raptor for the outstanding support and @Ferl Brown for the flawless 2nd lead and @Felix Obst for sweeping the convoy.

as stated in the debrief pls ensure you have your cars checked thoroughly specially gear and transfer case as we had many issues today due to this in multiple cars. Also having an appropriate setup for your flag to hold it up for the whole drive is mandatory. 

@Manoj Soman and @Shahid Mehmood pls observe the drive announcements every Sunday 7:00pm and avoid waiting till after RSVP closes on Thu 3:00pm.

@takeshi sobue sorry man for sending you back as having radio for every driver is a must and also it would haven’t been safe to let you drive with your baby in the back seat without adult support which can cause distraction leading to safety concerns for you and other fellow drivers.

Finally, @qaiser ijaz please consider others points of views on the matter. Working as a team doesn’t mean waiting for late comers specially when it’s 20mins and everyone have been already deflated and set to go and briefing was halfway. Fairness must be for everyone  and it’s not fair for others to wait! If the convoy waited for you then we should also wait for someone who comes 25mins or 30mins late! To be fair to everyone we have rules and all these rules are clearly mentioned and stressed over and over in the drive announcement and in the drive brief that is issued on the night before the drive. I have been late before and I know how frustrating it’s to see the convoy leaving without me, but it only becomes fair when the same rules are applied to everyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use