19 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

I am adding 1.  @Imteeaz Goolamhossen 2. @Mohamed Shawky 3. @Harkaran Birdi

Please standby but it looks highly unlikely at this moment 😔

4. @qaiser ijaz
5. @takeshi sobue
6. @Julian Patterson
7. @Ankit Jain
8. @Rsjiv Samuel

I am still hopeful. Will wait till 12 for further changes. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good morning fellow adventurers,

Today we meet beyond the tracks close to the sand. A short drive will see us in the rolling dunes of Bab al Shams where we you can  test your off-roading skills to the max. There will be no high climbs, but there will be lots of opportunities to practice how to get the best out of your car in the sand.

We have a hefty wait list , so please please do let me know if any of you can't make it. 

My proposed convoy is as follows" (subject to any last minute changes) We will use Radio 2

Meet @ 1400hrs   Radio Channel 2 (two) Frequency 446.031

Driver

Car

Rank

Position

@Foxtrot Oscar Angela 

Black Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@salah2u

Y62

Fewbie

2nd Lead

@Erik Ean

Subaru

3rd

@Bruno Finel

LWB Pajero

4th

@Shantanu Joshi

LWB Pajero

5th

@Mark Shepherd

Wrangler

6th

@bassel el rafei

LC

Fewbie

CF

@Michel Van Woudenberg

FJ

8th

@Harkaran Birdi

LC

9th

@Imteeaz Goolamhossen

Super Safari

10th

@KAMALIO

Rubicon

Fewbie

11th

@Mohamed Shawky

Ram

12th

@Manish Kashyap

Raptor

13th

@Alex Raptor

Raptor

Advisor

Sweep

YALLA!

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Harkaran Birdi said:

@Foxtrot Oscar hi please remove me , and pass on to someone else from the wait list - thank you :)

A bit late from you. I could have joined the drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 days ago i hit a rock when i was camping. My rear diff was leaking and haven't notice it. I drove back home on 2 wheel drive. 

I was waiting the metal squid plates to arrive 😂😂

See you as soon I fix this. 

Sorry for making everybody loose time. 😕

Edited by Erik Ean
erro

Fun and challenging afternoon, some soft and tricky patches in places. For most of you these are still early days in your off road driving careers, so with the introduction of slide sloping techniques was invaluable today, skills building step by step is key to your development and learning to master the sands. Most of today's issues were caused by a lack of momentum, this comes with experience but learning to know when you keep moving, feeding power in to overcome the softer areas and remain committed to the obstacle in hand, I also noticed drivers stopping very close to the car in front, please do remember that whenever you stop, make sure your car is pointing down, its very difficult to gain momentum when you are already pointing uphill.

You also need to work on your radio discipline, its important to learn it now, ALWAYS announce on the radio ANY refusal, no matter how small, as this has a knock on effect to the rest of the convoy, a delay in position 3 or 4  for example, then knocks on to all the other positions causing the convoy to stretch out. ALWAYS say your name and your car. Remember there is no shame in getting a refusal, its not a race to recover, it is to be done clearly and safely, and if nobody knows what you are doing then this cannot be achieved. There is always help available to you so sit tight and where necessary we can assist you.

Also please remember to take your radio with you when you are outside your vehicle, obviously we cannot communicate without the radio, we had a situation today, where the driver was 150 metres from his car and the convoy was moving and his passenger was announcing the driver wasn’t there and waving cars through, this can't happen. So please ensure your radios are with you at all times.

All in all a fun afternoon, our middle bit of slide sloping and some crosses was perfectly executed and I hope you were all able to pick up some new skills. Some really good self recoveries as well, and where we did have to dig, thank you all for your team spirit and camaraderie to the task in hand. 

One final point for any of you who had mechanical issues today (flags, radios or cars) or warning lights, please make sure you have them replaced/thoroughly checked before signing up for your next drives. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Big thank you to Alex and Angela @Foxtrot Oscar and @Alex Raptor. You were very patient and cooperative. 

Just an update. At the exit point on Qudra road. I think about 6 or 7 of our convoy vehicles either had a refusal or had to be towed out at the same time. This was post tire inflation. The road works there have probably loosened sand. Even as close as 2 ft from tarmac. It would be best to avoid that spot. 

But kudos to the team spirit as everyone helped out.

Cheers.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Shantanu Joshi said:

Big thank you to Alex and Angela @Foxtrot Oscar and @Alex Raptor. You were very patient and cooperative. 

Just an update. At the exit point on Qudra road. I think about 6 or 7 of our convoy vehicles either had a refusal or had to be towed out at the same time. This was post tire inflation. The road works there have probably loosened sand. Even as close as 2 ft from tarmac. It would be best to avoid that spot. 

But kudos to the team spirit as everyone helped out.

Cheers.

Duly noted 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use