•  
Advertise here

Advice on buying FJ Cruiser

8 hours ago, Ankit Jain said:

While Prado, Y61, and even Xterra are great options, but for me they don't give a very offroad vehicle vibe/feel when I'm inside and feel like regular saloon

Perhaps you are referring to a different Nissan model than Y61?  That car provides you a reasonable offroad vibe, a "rustic vibe" in my opinion.

The difficulty is finding a good "clean" second hand one, but is not impossible.

Good luck with your search!

• Like (+1) 1

Hi All,

Can you please suggest any other portals etc where FJs could be available besides Dubizzle and Carswitch? I’ve been glued to Dubizzle but nothing genuine has been available for the longest time. Ofcourse there are several available in the Ras Al Khor garages but there are high chances of odometer tampering on those.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ankit Jain said:

Hi All,

Can you please suggest any other portals etc where FJs could be available besides Dubizzle and Carswitch? I’ve been glued to Dubizzle but nothing genuine has been available for the longest time. Ofcourse there are several available in the Ras Al Khor garages but there are high chances of odometer tampering on those.

Off Roading season is started. It will be hard to find a nice clean one. Many will be sold in hours. Stay in hunt. Check dubizzle, car switch, yalla motors, facebook market 10 times in a day. Once you find a nice one jump on it before anyone else. Normally good time to buy an off road car is summer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Ankit Jain said:

Hi All,

I would advise you to keep looking , look for car sell from owners and not dealers as much as possible.

Select cars with full agency service history- if possible, which can be crosschecked from Toyota at Albadia workshop. Of course with a authorization letter from previous owner.

Generally - full agency service maintenance means less mods, (probably less off road usage) and parts replaced with original ones.

As the winter season has kicked in , you might have to pay a premium extra for cars common among offroaders - like the FJ, Jeep , Xterra, SWB 3.8 Pajeros and the Y61 patrols.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

12 hours ago, Ankit Jain said:

Hi All,

I have seen some FJs in the newly opened Al Futtaim auto mall in DIP next to NMC hospital. They are selling second hand cars with some warranty. May be worth checking out.. 

• Like (+1) 3