•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fun in Faqa - Dubai - 13 Nov 2021

Frederic

18 minutes ago, kolin said:

Thanks @Frederic.  This will be my first drive in 8 months 😬

Quick update: the dunes are still there 😁

• Haha (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks to the super capable support that stepped up at the exact right time, i decided to add all first-drive waitlisters to the convoy.

1) @Imteeaz Goolamhossen

2) @Gertjan

3) @Muhammad Qasim

4) @khurram.k

5) @Simon Claes

You have all been added.

With such a long convoy, i will slightly alter my original route to accommodate for our Carnity Train. 

All Aboard !!

image.png.d0421b2e83885e5a633933ed06ad5315.png

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 4

40 minutes ago, Muhammad Qasim said:

Long live Frédéric. 😊

@Muhammad Qasim sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems you have already one drive confirmed for this weekend.

As per our rules you are only allowed to book into one drive per weekend between Sunday and Tuesday, and from Wednesday onewards we can allow waitlisted members to join in IF places are still available.

To keep it fair for the other members who have waitlisted for second drive already, i will need to remove your RSVP. Thanks for understanding. 

See you soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Muhammad Qasim said:

@Frederic I thought I purchased 1 year full access plan , but anyway if that's the policy no problem. I will wait to join you next week sometime. Have fun 👍 

Dear @Muhammad Qasim that is correct, and we would wish nothing more than members joining us for multiple drives every weekend, but due to the exponential growth of the club in the last 1 year we have implemented a "single drive" policy when booking your slot on Sunday evening. (in the past, people would click and rsvp on multiple drives, while other members lose out on their chance to have one drive in the weekend).

Below message is also being published every week on the Whatsapp Notification Group:

SINGLE DRIVE REQUEST

To prevent all drives from getting full on Sunday by multiple RSVP, we would like to request everyone to please RSVP ONE DRIVE (for the weekend: Friday and Saturday) initially and then RSVP your second or third drive from Wednesday onward, please. 

Sun - Tuesday - Limiting one drive per member 
(For the weekend drives: Friday and Saturday).

Wednesday onward - RSVP on multiple drives are open.

P.S. You can waitlist your name anytime for multiple drives too, like below.
Example: Gaurav - Second drive waitlist.

PS usually all trip leads stick to the max convoy size, as extending beyond 15-16 cars creates extra challenges. But wherever we see that waitlisted members did not get the chance to confirm for a single drive yet we always do our best to provide them a spot. 

• Like (+1) 5

Good morning @Simon Claes. I just noticed you have not done any drives with the club yet. If that's the case, you will first need to sign up for the Absolute Newbie Drive this Friday.

If you have done a masterclass already and have your offroad gear, then of course you are welcome to join. Let me know please.

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use