•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fun in Faqa - Dubai - 13 Nov 2021

Frederic

Just now, Simon Claes said:

Hi @Frederic, thanks for noticing. I did the masterclass with Brette 2 weeks ago. Yes, i have a compressor, tire deflator, shovel,  flag, and walkie talkie. Do i need to bring something else? 

Perfect, you have all you need for a lovely day out in the dunes :) 

See you Saturday !

• Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

13 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.c270ab8902b70b66c76ce3bfb343f5f0.png

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie@Fauzia Parveen @Serhat Yalcinkaya @Bruno Finel @Michel Van Woudenberg @Derius Olivier @Patrick van der Loo @Simon Claes@Imteeaz Goolamhossen@Gertjan @khurram.k @Simon Hope @Pieter Potgieter @jeetu sharma @kolin @Alfred Alinazar

Please take note of the following things:

• Make sure to bring your Offroad gears: Deflator, Shovel, Pressure Gauge, Compressor, Walkie Talkie, and Offroad Flag. Without a programmed radio and Offroad Flag you won't be able to join the drive.
  • Tune in to Channel 1: 446.00625 Mhz when you arrive at the meeting point.
  • Please be on time, earlier is even better so you have ample time to deflate and put up the flag.
  • Senior Supporting members on the drive are @Lawrence_Chehimiand @Dodi Syahdar. Whenever you are facing issues during the drive, please communicate this clearly over the radio and listen to their instructions. 
  • Faqa is a wonderful area, and combines nice open areas with very tight technical dunes. Make sure to always keep enough distance and keep your focus (and Walkie Talkie nearby). As the convoy is very long, proper communication will be even more important.

See you all on Saturday morning !

Japanese train sets world speed record | Business Insider

By any chance if possible. 

Hello Frederic

Please put add me to drive Incase some backs out. 

Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

DRIVE REPORT

All Aboard !

The Carnity Train left early this morning from Faqa, with the sun rising and air balloons passing over our heads. The weather is absolutely amazing now, and after deflation and briefing we chained up the entire platoon and started moving. My plan was to venture not too deep inside Faqa terrain, but to brush alongside it and work our way inside wherever the dunes were open and where we could have some play time with sideys. 

Eventually we needed to cross a rather more difficult technical area, which is no small feat with such a big group, but luck was on my side when every single time i found a proper way of crossing by following the natural formation of the dunes. Going with the flow is what kept the convoy moving and everyone did brilliant today !

Slowly but surely, and by crossing some sabkhas as well, we worked our way up north, and i was looking forward to bring the convoy towards half moon lake. My delight was even bigger when a few minutes later @M.Seidam and @Tbone also arrived with their convoy, and for a couple of minutes we had 28 Carnity Cars all together. What a sight to see !

Apart from 2-3 refusals and 2 tugs, we kept moving throughout the entire morning, and hence were able to cover 72kms and exited eventually in Bab Al Shams entry point. 

@Lawrence_Chehimi @Dodi Syahdar were my perfect supporters and thanks to them all went smoothly. With @Zixuan Huang - Charlie in my second lead who corrected my tracks where needed, i knew it was gonna be smooth sailing.

Some of you were only on your second offroad drive, and i applaud you, as you guys and gals managed perfectly. You always kept a cool head and smile nearby and the pleasure was all mine to be a part of this drive today.

Wishing you all a good remainder of the weekend. See you all soon in the sand !

https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYxLyZZJq

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

27 minutes ago, Frederic said:

a few minutes later @M.Seidam and @Tbone also arrived with their convoy, and for a couple of minutes we had 28 Carnity Cars all together. What a sight to see !

Indeed it was amazing  to see this sight with all cars parked around the beautiful crescent  ,( half moon as Fred said  ), 🌙 lake . What a pleasure . Thanks for the snap @Frederic 👌

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use